How'd You Find This Site?

Adam_Atlantian

The Mighty Alexander!
Registered
Reaction score
I almost signed with Publish America but decided to do some research first. I happened upon this site and the people were very nice and told all the horrible things PA has done. I lucked out when i found this site or my novel series would be butchered like a cow.

PITA99

Hello Everyone... I was introduced from a friend that said this sight was great!!! I look forward to surfing around this sight and getting my feet wet.

AdamMac

Back for more
Registered
Reaction score
I arrived here after googling for something like ``writing novels.'' I landed at Uncle Jim's thread. That was so long ago, and the thread was so short then, that I managed to read the whole thing in less than three weeks.

I lurked for quite some time afterward before pitching in.

goldpeace

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sean...you following me? (me following you)?

Found you all in confirming info. on publishing "scams"....

Glad to be here!!!

amgunn

How I found myself here.

You made me ask myself: how DID I find myself here? Here was the circuitous path I took while surfing: looking for literary agent listings through Google, I found WriteNet; on WriteNet, I (eventually) found a link for Absolute Write; here I am! I am now a newbie, looking for guidance, help, opinions, feedback.

Alison

JonMac

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Jenna

I was reading one of Ms. Glatzer's books wherein she mentioned AbsoluteWrite. Having sold one article for a paltry fee, I found her book very uplifting, real and humorous all at the same time. I felt that any one with that type of advice and experience must be related to a great site! I signed up for the markets... and, now, here I am at the Water Cooler! I look forward to communicating with you all in the future.

Thanks for letting me in!

amyesther

Where I found this web site

Jenna Glatzer lists the absolutewrite site in her book, Outwitting Writers Block, and I'm so glad she did. This is an upbeat, up-to-date and informative writers' web site - one of the best I've encountered yet.

Jarsto

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.xs4all.nl
I was an occasional reader/lurker for quite a while before I decided to register and start posting, so it's hard to be sure. That said I'm pretty certain I first came here via a link someone had posted on another Writers' Forum.

IrishM

I am taking a course through The Institute of Children's Literature and they suggested this site.

Noob

Registered
Reaction score
I searched for ages before i found it. Suddenly it just popped up on the list after i typed in several keyword on google search. (thank god for google!) he he

(grasshopper)

Registered
Reaction score
A link in a post in another writer's forum brought me here.

I began browsing around and saw that Victoria Strauss was a major contributor. And I LOVE this woman! I love the good work she is doing for the innocent and uninformed writers of the world. I had some dealings with her a while back. I even sent her a copy of a contract from a questionable agency for her records.

I figure if it's a place Ms. Strauss likes, well then I want to know more about it.
So I stayed and explored and stayed . . . . . . and stayed.

WriteWrat

I've been gettin the absolutewrite newsletter for a while & just now discovered the link.

Quick

I googled something about freelance writing and landed here, started poking about and went hmmm...

I'm pretty cynical about writing communities and have always avoided them. I've always been a no ********, if-you-want-to-write-don't-talk-about-it-just-write kind of person... but I'm also reasonably open minded and as I said somewhere else, so far I like the vibe here.

Mr.PinkEye

found my way via rejection...

Hi folks,
I found my way here by googling a rejection that was emailed to me. It seemed positive, but vague, so I was trying to figure out if it was a form email or if the encouraging words were added. Sad to say, others had received the exact email I had. Oh, well. At least I found a kewl website.

;)

daddydowop

Registered
Reaction score
I came, I saw, I'm confused

I found this site thru AW's main board. If you've never been to a place like this before it can be a little confusing. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about the business of writing & becoming a freelancer. This looks like a place to learn much & get help along the way. Good to be on board.

WDS

Registered
Reaction score
I found out about this through a guy I know in my creative writing class.

Necropolis

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
I found this site when I did a search for NY Literary on Overture. I was trying to find out if it was a scam. I found this listing, came to see what it was all about, read brilliant posts regarding NY Literary....and I stayed :D

steadymarvin

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spuripedia.co.uk
I googled "writers forums". Two stood out, this one and one other (I won't mention it here). I started posting on the other one but some of the reactions seemed a bit hostile so I came over here and was immediately taken by the warmth of welcome to my "hello" post.

The colour scheme is better too.