How'd You Find This Site?

MaggieFoster

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for reasons an amateur might start investigating a murder and found a link to a forum discussion on that topic here. ;)

GriffinO

Hardcore Reader, Learning Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I found this lovely site after surfing the internet for a great place for writing advice

Poppies

Delicious potato pancakes
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poppywrites.com
I was Googling how to find a writing buddy a few weeks ago while shaken to the core with insecurities and writer's block, so I decided to stay and look around.

J.L. Jonti

Registered
Reaction score
Hello to all,

The thought of joining a writing community was always on my mind and now I have finally got around to joining one. From the posts I read here, it appears this is a good one. Looking forward to getting more involved.

solidjim

Registered
Reaction score
I think I first found this site when researching literary agents. Kickass forum. Been lurking for some time. Now I joined up.

RonMF

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for information on agents/submitting, found this community of people just like me who were supporting one another. Knew it was a great place from the start!!!

Lapidar

Registered
Reaction score
Fate led me... I was thinking of starting to look for a site which could help with my Englisch literary ideas and someone mentioned this forum in the German writer Forum I am member, so I thought: go and have a look.
The person said: that the water cooler is the best place for English writers....

Joscco

Registered
Reaction score
It was recommended by a friend on the now defunct IMDB board Shop Talk - Writers.

indianroads

Wherever I go, there I am.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
indianroads.net
I found this site through a google search. I have a character I will use in an upcoming novel that has developed disassociative personality disorder via trauma, and was looking for clues on how I would handle the internal dialogue within his own head. I know it's debated whether DPD is real, but I plan to run with it, and will modify the disorder such that the character(s) know of each other.

Anyway... I did the search, clicked on the link, and here I am.

ww412

Registered
Reaction score
I came across this site when I googled query letter multiple times

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
I read about AW on the also-excellent Writer Beware website. Glad to be here.

liritha

Registered
Reaction score
I began querying agents but wanted to research them in more depth - every google search I'd do would take me to the forum. I can't believe I didn't know about this place before!

L.E.N. Andov

Registered
Reaction score
I was conducting research on serial arc structure. Landed on a blog (forgive me I forget which) that linked to a post on this forum.

I did find a lot of useful information about how to put a series together.

(A)

joresgump

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

Hey all,

Same here. Same link. I might add that I googled "best sites to publish online" or something like that :)

Erbab

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a joyous way to improve my English. Googling ''Write Poem'' I find this website.

Linnet_Crawford

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for advice on agents and agencies, and voila! Here I am. I think I'd stumbled upon a bunch of different threads previously without ever realizing it was all one community...

DreamBig2014

Copywriter / WF & NA Writer
Registered
Reaction score
I *believe* I found it based on a recommendation on the Query Shark site. I signed up right away, but that was a few years ago, and I haven't really used this site until now. I'm finding it's nice to be in trenches with other writers. Good to meet you!

JLinz

Martian Lover
Registered
Reaction score
I want to say that I was Googling more sites to post fiction/fan fiction on and came across this one. I am all for improving my writing but the main agenda was to find more sites with decent traffic to post stories on. :)

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I want to say that I was Googling more sites to post fiction/fan fiction on and came across this one. I am all for improving my writing but the main agenda was to find more sites with decent traffic to post stories on. :)

Welcome to AW!

Alas, while many of us are admirers and writers of fanfic, this isn't a site to post or crit fanfic.

We've got an FAQ about why we don't allow fanfic here, and it has some suggestions of sites that do.

Archiveofourown seems to be a current front runner.