How'd You Find This Site?

Samskara

Registered
Reaction score
I was simply looking for market lists -- and Googled "writers markets". I found the "paying markets" forum -- and then found that there's a lot to go with it.

Susan Flemming

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanflemming.com
Ordinary_Guy said:
Hm. Juicy. Who is the Barbara Bauer person and what did she complain about?

Barbara Bauer made Writer Beware's 20 Worst Agents list. And she didn't like it one bit. I'm sure if you check the Beware and Background Checks forum here, you'll find a thread about her.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Bauer

As for what she complained about, I first learned about it after reading a blog that referenced this entry at Making Light...

http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/007577.html

Rennie

Registered
Reaction score
I was checking on the credentials of The Desert Rose Literary Agency before I sent a query to them. (A good thing, too. Apparently, they're suspect.) Google led me here, among a couple of other places.
Only a member for 24 hrs., and lovin' it. Rennie.

Reaction score
I'm a newbie here, but I just found this site today. Yesterday while I was on my myspace I decided to search writers and found the profile that linked me to Julia Temlyn's site WritersRemember.com. Today, while I had more time to read through the forums over there, I found her thread about the "fiasco" and her encouragement to join here and check things out, so here I am...just a scribbling butterfly, flitting from place to place.

Haven't really gotten in here and gotten my fingers "dirty" yet, but give me time and I'll be all over the place, hopefully.

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
scribbling butterfly said:
I'm a newbie here, but I just found this site today. Yesterday while I was on my myspace I decided to search writers and found the profile that linked me to Julia Temlyn's site WritersRemember.com. Today, while I had more time to read through the forums over there, I found her thread about the "fiasco" and her encouragement to join here and check things out, so here I am...just a scribbling butterfly, flitting from place to place.

Haven't really gotten in here and gotten my fingers "dirty" yet, but give me time and I'll be all over the place, hopefully.
I am SO glad you're here, Holly. I can't wait to get to know you in both the forums! :) You sound like a kindred spirit, from your e-mail. I hope you'll find lots of support and encouragement here!

~ Julia

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
Hello Butterfly! I'm a newbie myself and am still learning the ins and outs of this place. I love what I see so far!!

What sorts of writing do you do?

Camilla

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
niamh-sage.livejournal.com
Through a number of places actually, but most notably Making Light and Miss Snark. Having had a look around, I'm really glad I decided to join! Loads of good stuff to read (and join in on when I'm a bit more settled). Hurrah!

Firefly

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I found this site when I started researching agents to query. Most every time I googled an agent or agency, a link to the Absolute Write Water Cooler would show up among the first listings. So one day I decided to check out the site and a few of the other forums. After lurking about and benefitting from what others have had to say, I figured I should join in and take part. I hope I'll get to know some of you once I get the hang of this overwhelming place.

Happy Writing!

adpickle

Registered
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I registered yesterday. I had found IMBD and read the screenwriters for a few weeks. Interesting, but didn't apply to my needs nor could I really help anyone. It took me 2 days and about 20 site visitations before I finally found AW. Yeah!!

Hope to see ya'll everywhere.

DLFerguson

I was doing research on agents, just Googling away and eventually ended up here.

Hannity Chick

A little birdie on the Stupid Hannity board gave me the link:Hug2: Hugs for Mike

JocelynZombie

Camilla said:
Through a number of places actually, but most notably Making Light and Miss Snark. Having had a look around, I'm really glad I decided to join! Loads of good stuff to read (and join in on when I'm a bit more settled). Hurrah!

Same here! Nice to meet everyone!

Kushiel

Registered
Reaction score
Sadly I have been to so many sites in the past week trying to gather information that I have no idea who referred me to here. I think, though I would not bet on it, that someone on Shadowpoetry mentioned this site.

Sygna

A lil birdie tole me

A good friend sent me a link to the discussion of PublishAmerica. I was becoming interested in working with them, and now I intend to just have fun here.

Marilyn Braun

Royal Bibliomaniac
Registered
Reaction score
Website
marilynsroyalblog.blogspot.com
I'd taken a 2 hour "Become a freelance writer" course which emboldened me to submit an idea to a major publication. :poke:

I was shocked when they actually responded and while having a mini nervous breakdown I googled about "writing advice" (or something similar) and found this site.

Novelist in Paradise

Ah, the joys of dengue fever
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardlewisauthor.com
Vaguely aware of it for a year, but the recent contretemps on the blogs a few months back shoved it forward, but I'm chronically slow at getting around to doing stuff. Pretty interesting joint. I'm in awe at some of the threads, Uncle Jim's for example, there's some pretty serious time and help commitment here...

aric77

Say 'el-lo to the BADGUY!!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.3vsevil.com
hi! a writing buddy of mine suggested i check you guys out. he said there's a lot of good resources here for new or experienced writers.

i_am_shannon

I found the site through a google search. I was trying to find forums where I'd find people who are as grammar nerdy as am I!

This thread is interesting... I'm finding some interesting things just from the links everyone has posted.