How'd You Find This Site?

Cassie

I can't get no, oh no no no.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cassiesperfectwordblog.typepad.com
I found this site several months ago. It's a Great Site! But IMO, it's so scattered!

I'm crazy enough with my own writing ... Arrghhhh.

Are there any MODS here?

Please organize this place; please clean it up.

My humble thanks to you ......

Salem

query-impaired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I googled Publish America to find out more about them and it brought up a link to the thread here about how bad PA sucks. I thought to myself "These are some honest people here. I'll have to become one of them".
Then I joined.
Then I saw this thread.
Then I posted this.
Then you read it.
Then I felt powerful because my words were being read by people all over the world.
Then I realized it was doubtful anyone would actually read this.

Last edited:

Mania

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling for information on torture ideas (for my stories, not real life) and found a thread in one of the many parts of this forum. I started reading through some of the other threads and thought that I would be able to get some advice and talk to other writers.

Oberon

Registered
Reaction score
This site was recommended to me by the Corner Bar (Georgie Girl), to whom I am very grateful. I've been writing all my life (where have you heard that before?), now I'm trying to get published. My ambition: To be an author, not just a writer. Greetings to all.

"A writer is working when he's staring out the window." Burton Rascoe

Malus Pudor

I found this site via dumb luck, actually.
I have great expectations, so let's see if i can find some answers here, thank you all for setting up a place for support and help!

Literary Device

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site through a Google search. I've been lurking for a few days and I'm still trying to figure out if I belong or not (not trying to be melodramatic, just honestly still assessing my skills).

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
We have a wide variety of skills here, Literary Device. Working novelists and editors, hobbyists, poets, and bloggers.

Literary Device

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, MacAllister! I've been poking around a bit today and it certainly seems like a friendly, honest place! I'm looking forward to getting involved!

balancing

Registered
Reaction score
First I discovered Frank Baron's Remaindered Random Musings blog (mentioned on Dawn Rotarangi's blog). Wrote to Frank who mentioned Absolute Write. Made an idiot of myself quickly. Trying now to learn the ropes.

Jack Braddock

Just stumbled across this site

Hey, just found this great website. I am toying with the idea of writing a screenplay or play and thought I could use some inspiration.

Jack

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
looking

I am looking for a new message board to join and thought this was the best one! :) I can't wait to start writing with you all!

elguapo

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site looking for info on someone elses writing (can't remember who sorry) and after having a poke around, realised what a great place it was to learn from the community and share my own writing :)

MommaK

Registered
Reaction score
I found this site searching for a proofreading course from a certain website. Some people here had info and I thought I would find help on the subject.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
There was a knock at my door and Jenna Glatzer held up a rag and said "smell this," and when I came to, I was chained to this computer desk...

jeau amor yours

I found this site through accidental web surfing. :)

But I'm happy to be here.

BlueLadyBug

Registered
Reaction score
A year ago when I first decided to persue (half-heartedly) freelancing, I would lurk around here for info and inspiration. Now I am going for it full speed ahead and decided to finally join.

Alvah

Life is what you make of it.
Registered
Reaction score
I did a Yahoo search using the term "advice for writers".
Absolute Write was in the first ten results.

GrimShogun

Hi! Well, I've been on some pretty...sad or lacking writing forums where people were either rude or unhelpful. I'm not sure why I never looked it up on google before, but I typed in 'fantasy writing' one day, and this came up! :D