How'd You Find This Site?

Iced Tea

Registered
Reaction score
The site information was given to me by a known poet who has several books published. He's a friend of mine who I deeply respect. I am interested and have written a few poems. I have no idea if they are even great enough to share, I'd like to share and hear your responses. I've been warned to have thick skin, so I'm ready.

Last edited:

Bill G

Registered
Reaction score
I also learned about this site through a Brandon Sanderson lecture on You Tube

horse_chick87

Jo Carter
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.writerjocarter.com
I found the link of The Write Life too. I've been a member for years, but haven't been on in years neither! I'm looking for a writing friend and this was listed in The Write Life. I thought I'd participate again; even if I don't find a writing friend I can still have a community online.

CLEasterwood

Registered
Reaction score
I did a Google search for fiction editing software. It was a few pages in but I tend to go past the first 10 pages of results. Since Rate Your Writing went defunct, I've been way out of the loop until I found this site.

nadiam

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking to get some instruction/ help with beta reading for someone.
I had a good friend ask me to read and critique their work, and wanted to be helpful without crushing their creativity or enthusiasm.
I had a ball working on their story (although It took me a long time) and thought if there were other people out there who were looking for a reader, I might be able to find a match for what i'm interested in reading and happy to mark up in red pen.

NickHumez

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for more information on Schiffer Publishing, one of whose books my wife just bought online. My brother and I have published over a half-dozen books (nonfiction, mostly about etymology) and I was curious about whether this house might be a good place to republish one that's now out of print; I also write indexes for other people's books, and wondered if this house was in the market for such services. I found the thread on Schiffer here so enlightening that I decided to join.

braveboy

Registered
Reaction score
I was on google looking for manuscript critiques and this site popped up. I am so glad it did. it's amazing.

endangeredspecie

Registered
Reaction score
My friend recommended me to join online writing communities, and after a bit of research, I found this gem...and, well, here I am! Happy I found the Water Cooler, it's quite the cozy place.

BearyCuddly

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling a question about foreign titles on google, and it led me through a rabbit hole that ended in a thread here that helped me, a LOT! I read some through a couple threads, signed up, and I'm loving it! I'm certain I'll only love it more as I continue to browse, and get more comfortable using the site. Y'all have done a good job building a strong community! Thank you!

James Ryan

Registered
Reaction score
Google search. I told my best friend that I had been writing erotica for the past few years (for my own eyes, sort of a therapeutic process) and my friend encouraged me to write with the intention of possibly publishing. My friend knows that I am the type that doesn't do things half way, so I did my research and stumble upon AW. So far, I don't regret. This looks to be a great community. I am happy to be apart of it.

bin_b0x

Registered
Reaction score
Veronica Roth's blog. She recommended this place for beta readers.

Famoustapu

Registered
Reaction score
This is an interesting topic :D I got here through internet surfing.

Georgia Guy

Registered
Reaction score
How I found you

I found this site by Googling up the proper choice of "Laid, Lay, Lie (not the untruth type), Lain, and trying to figure out the present and past tense of which should be used. After digesting all of that information, I simply eliminated all references and re-wrote the sentence so I wouldn't have to use the word. :hooray:

Last edited:

Anita M Shaw

Creating new worlds since 1954
Registered
Reaction score
Website
wwwNovelsByNeenah.com
I can't remember how I found this place at first. I think way back then, I was acquainted with the person who started it, and so came when I learned it was being set up. Life some others, I got sidetracked for a while, but have come back. I found an old post in my email and followed it here. Hoping to give feedback to to others and receive some back on my stuff. :)

TheMandolorian

Registered
Reaction score
I searched 'Online Writing Workshops' after watching Brandon Sanderson's class on writing at BYU. I realized I needed more of a support structure and community, so here I am!

Tickette

Registered
Reaction score
Hello, I found this thread trying to find information on causing temporary muteness to a victim of kidnapping for a story.

suziquaif

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, it was on a list of best Writers Forum sites. After reviewing the list I decided I liked its diversity and no nonsense approach. Guess that makes it the best of the best :)