How'd You Find This Site?

Wayland

Confused
Registered
Reaction score
I was ordered to join by my author. (I'm first reader, idea backboard and general support to a published SF novelist. She told me "You need to join, it's FUN!"

calidore

Pure as the new fallen snow
Registered
Reaction score
Website
calidorespeaks.blogspot.com
I was on allexperts.com looking for advice about another matter and thought "I wonder . . . ?" and sure if enough, there were several experts on writing. In answer to someone's question, the expert gave this site. And here I am. Quite pleased, to be here I might add.

HigherDef

much better than regular HD
Registered
Reaction score
i was asking around trying to find people I knew who had been published (or attempted to be) and one recommended the site. So far so good. Lots of topics of interest to read up on.

Bridgid

Registered
Reaction score
To be completely honest, I found this forum via the Lady Sybilla-Russet Doom wank.

Unsavory

Registered
Reaction score
Good old fashioned Google search for me as well. Had trouble digging this place up though. I probably vetoed 10 forums before I found this one to join. I'm currently a member of a different forum I found in January, but I don't really care for it. I'm hoping this place works out better.

SAS

Registered
Reaction score
How?

Like several others I googled the name of an agent and it led me to a thread here where the conversation was more interesting and helpful than I had expected.

KayTKay

Registered
Reaction score
I was googling "getting published for teens" and this link came up

WarrenS

Registered
Reaction score
I was doing background checks on pubs and editors. This site came up. I lurked. I fell in love. I joined.

I was doing the exact same thing. I ended up lurking for months on end, just reading various forums. Finally, one day, I decided it was time I joined. There's too much good information, and too many great people here to pass up!

Brandi636

Registered
Reaction score
I found it through some other writing sites. I've been lurking for a few months and finally decided to join.

NobleHunter

A dragon, or a cat.
Registered
Reaction score
Elizabeth Bear gave some tips for writers and suggested this was a good place to hang out.

Ice Zero

Registered
Reaction score
I was loooking up publishing, and cassandra clare had info on it and it led me to the agent on this site and then i registered

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was at a nightclub, and this bear of a man beat me senseless, when I woke up covered in vomit and cheap gin, there was a web address written on the underside of my left ring finger, which had been broken and paper mached. My wedding ring was missing.

Feiss

Sleeps during the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was at a nightclub, and this bear of a man beat me senseless, when I woke up covered in vomit and cheap gin, there was a web address written on the underside of my left ring finger, which had been broken and paper mached. My wedding ring was missing.

oh, wait. That's how I discovered AA.

JoshPatton

Makes people nervous.
Registered
Reaction score
I was binging my google and found this site.

Azure

Registered
Reaction score
Search engine, as one may expect. I was looking for writing prompts and challenges and came across the absolutely wonderful Sunday Night Flash Fiction Challenge! :D