How'd You Find This Site?

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
Im going to assume that the whole blogging thing comes down to mutual understanding that if I follow your blog you follow mine just to get the networking going.

You would be wrong.

What you're doing is spamming.

Don't do this ever again. It's not going to help you sell your book—it will get you branded a spammer.

Last edited:

Steely

Registered
Reaction score
I always used to reference this site when looking up new agents. It was only a matter of time before I got an account.

Mark Desires

A writer of many things.
Registered
Reaction score
I found the site using a search engine. It seemed beneficial as a writer to join...

Racey

practical experience, FTW
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Writers digest mag mentioned this site in its 101 websites for writers edition.. This was one of the first forums i looked at and i have not looked at any others since! There's way too much info and friendly writers here to bother going elsewhere :)

KellyNichols

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for forums (Google) in hopes of meeting people in my field and promoting my Alice in Wonderland novel :]

mogajones

Registered
Reaction score
I used to be a member on AuthorAdvance, but forgot my password. They said they'd sent it, but it never came through. So I looked elsewhere. Still finding my way around.

Reaction score
Website
www.cathymcdowell.vpweb.com

I found the site when I googled a question.
I'm a new short story writer. I plan to publish my book of stories early September. knowing it takes 3 months it should be ready in the stores before Christmas.

My question was . . how many short stories should go in a collection?
I'll probably do more than one book. I'll have enough stories to start a new book just uncertain how many to use per book.

Any ideas? Thanks

Deleted member 42

I found the site when I googled a question.
I'm a new short story writer. I plan to publish my book of stories early September. knowing it takes 3 months it should be ready in the stores before Christmas.

How are you going to get it in stores? It's actually rare for self-published or vanity published books, say from iUniverse or PublishAmerica, to be available in stores.

Think not so much about the number of stories as about the number of pages /words.

Last edited by a moderator:

Soletaken

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for writing related feeds on Pulse. After reading a few of the posts I decided to check out the forum.

Sandy Steinman

Registered
Reaction score
How did I find this site.

Google found it for me. I was searching for a site for a friend who wanted to join a live writer's group and I'd offered to assist. Since I couldn't find one I suggested going this route. Decided to try it myself.

Thomax Green

Registered
Reaction score
I was recommended to this site by Gini Koch. She really helped me out at the Phoenix Comic Con with all sorts of good advice. I consider her a friend now. I can't wait to figure out how to use this site because I think it's going to be great for me. Thanks again Gini.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I was recommended to this site by Gini Koch. She really helped me out at the Phoenix Comic Con with all sorts of good advice. I consider her a friend now. I can't wait to figure out how to use this site because I think it's going to be great for me. Thanks again Gini.

Gini is one of our favorites.

Best way to start here is to read the Newbie's Guide and write an intro post so our members can give you a proper welcome :)

savagelilies

'til the end of time
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm... I think when I first heard of AW it was recommended as a good forum if you wanted to improve your writing and meet fellow writers on Let the Words Flow, a writing blog.

JWNolen

Registered
Reaction score
I think I was researching writing labs or something and was sent here. Glad I found it!

Seth?

Registered
Reaction score
The only person who knows I write is on this site and she recommended it to me. :) Still a newb but I can say I'm glad she did.

-Seth