At your service
Registered
Reaction score
I found this via a rift in the space time continuum

WrittenIn1981

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I wound up here while investigating whether or not a literary agency for children's authors was on the up and up or not. After seeing all of the help offered to someone else that asked about the same place, I thought this might be a good spot to spend time and see if I can't get further in my writing career.

Enzo

Registered
Reaction score
I don't even remember how I found this place.
But I got lots of e-mails from screenplay sites, and it might have shown up there. Or just through an Internet search for writers' forums.

SusanH

Registered
Reaction score
A published author sent me this way. I am a newbie at the publishing game and I have had so many rejections I was really getting discouraged...hopefully here I can find comfort with others that are in my postion....

Hope D.

Registered
Reaction score
Website
hopedarbywritings.com
I was researching an article on "Make a Kazillion Dollars EVERY WEEK Working at Home!" emails, and followed the scattered brick road all the way here.

Then I decided I like the coffee, the chairs are comfy, and the entertainment seems endless, so I chose to stay! :D

The Jade Ravyn

Registered
Reaction score
How I found it

I was diligently writing and googled whether hell was capitalized. TA DA, a whole new world for me to spend time on instead of figuring out if my character is really the love child of a mutant swamp monster and the gym teacher.

TJR

ManyAk

Registered
Reaction score
On one of the other forums I visit on a daily basis (bloody-disgusting one), there's is a section for fans. And one day, someone made a thread called The Writer's Thread, in which someone posted a link to AW. I was curious, clicked it, and became hooked since. :)

Kateri

Registered
Reaction score
I was told by a friend many months ago.

My friend writes Fantasy and novels. She is yet to be published. Seems you are all so accomplished.

Media Maven

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.delicat.ca
I jotted the website address down on a sticky note when I was surfing, and didn't actually get here for a few days after. I believe it was another writing forum, more specific to online writing.

Zellios

Registered
Reaction score
I honestly don't recall...

I know it was through google, I don't remember exactly what I searched, but I'm glad I got here :D

olive

Registered
Reaction score
my mother introduced me to this website. she said it would help me improve my writing. =]
-olive

Klara kline

Registered
Reaction score
newb

I found this site searching the web.

I have been writing for about 3 months and I surf the web for all my questions and answers.

Writing is something I have always wanted to do and couldn't find the time raising 4 boys.

The boys are grown and on there own, so here I am.

I am working on two wips right now.

I Love to read romantic suspense so I am writing in that genre.

I think about writing from the time I get up until I go to bed.

I am currently getting about 1500 words in a day, writing before and after work.

I am 60 percent done with one wip and 25 percent done with another.

celticroots

Registered
Reaction score
I actually came across this site on Yahoo Answers. Another poster said that it was a good place to critique work of writers of all ages. I looked into it, decided to join, and was glad I did!

Veronica Ann

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I found this site simply by searching for freelance writing jobs. I look forward to learning and sharing information with everyone.

Sticktalker

Registered
Reaction score
Googled!

How did I find this site? Well, I was looking around to see about obtaining and agent, found "Crane Literary Agency"...but the url to the website went to a strange place that made no sense, so I googled it and found a link to a post here... Clicked on it and decided I wanted to add to the thread, so I joined... Now I can't find the POST I wanted to reply to!
Actually, that's not true, I just got sidetracked reading the "welcome posts".
Lyle

Shail

mostly normal
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I said it in my introduction thread, but I found out about this place by reading a book called The Street Smart Writer. I'd been reading that kind of book for a while and the website kept popping up in a bunch of the books - so I decided to poke my head in and see what was here. Wait - why is that ax hanging up there above me?

dianeP

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to used the lyrics to a song in my MS and needed information regarding that. I stumbled onto AW and have never looked back. :)