How'd You Find This Site?

CinthiaX

Storyteller of epic absurdity
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi. I've been visiting this site for ages but only joined today. It's an honour to be amongst such talent! I found you through spacejock.com. Am really looking forward to our future cyber adventures together:)

Traci-jo

Registered
Reaction score
It's been suggested a lot of different places as a good site for writers to use as a resource.

Stcody

Registered
Reaction score
A Facebook friend linked to this site

One of my Facebook friends linked to a thread started by a newb and an aspiring children's book author who posted his MS in the open and then proceeded to trash the "queen" of children's literary agents. Came for the show. Staying to learn something.

Songoftheskies

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking for a certain agent and this site came up discussing that agent's history. Looking over the site, I knew this was going to be a magnificent resource.

DJMaxwell

As Seen In Real Life
Registered
Reaction score
I was directed here by a professional author who shall remain nameless. It really is a lovely place, so I'm quite happy that she told me about it.

Liz_cm

New, but ready and revving to go
Registered
Reaction score
How I found...

That's rather a funny question, for me anyways. I found absolute write through a published first time author, Erin Morgenstern, on her blog through her unofficial (official) FAQ. She was writing advice for people who are interested in publishing and how she went about doing it.

Not new to wanting to get published since over the past few months I have been visiting the sites of my favorite authors (Neil Gaiman included) and the advice they have. As well as looking at "The Writer's Market" as well. I have been lurking on this site for a few months and saw a lot of helpful information. That's how I got here, silly I know. Sooner or later I would have stumbled upon it on my own...I think.

bdarner

Unpublished Fiction Author
Registered
Reaction score
I ran into this site when googling WL Writers Agency. I was positive it was a scam since it was a Google ad. Agents don't use pay per click ads to find writers. They also don't want to help hone your craft. Agents want writing that is already refined and publish worthy.

Demon-Sacred

"writing" the wrong :P
Registered
Reaction score
I was refered here by Kelly Keaton after talking to her on face book. I love her books Darkness Becomes Her and A Beautiful Evil. I already feel pretty welcomed :)

beadyredeyes

Registered
Reaction score
I ran across AW several times when doing searches for different writing topics like "serial fiction," "online poetry," "self-publishing" etc.

I finally decided to join and see what all the hubbub was about and I'm happy I did!

It's a marvelous place to find Johnny-Five style "INPUT"!:hooray:

ElouiseBates

Registered
Reaction score
I was recommended here by a writer friend when I was lamenting my lack of critique partners. Joined several months ago, never got up the nerve to start commenting and interacting with people until today!

The Drabbler

Generally Epic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
the-drabbler.com
I was on an epic quest to save the local princess from the local dragon when I came upon this tome. It's first page read: "Hear ye, fellow writer. Come ye to here ye forum ye: AW. Ye."
It also had magical portal-script, disguised as a link. So I came here.
Hi : )

Mik

losing way too much sleep over this
Registered
Reaction score
I heard it mentioned on WritersDigest.com, on Tahereh Mafi's web site, as well as by Aprilynn Pike, who submitted her original work for review.

JMFreely

Registered
Reaction score
It took more than fifty seconds for my access to get activated...so, honestly, I don't remember now how I found this site.... wasn't Google - I know that much.

JM

L.E.Olteano

Word Monster
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.liviaolteano.com
Hmm...I'm trying to remember the exact first reference, but I'm not sure. It might have been any one of the blogs I lurk about, and I lurk about a lot of them.
I'm positive the better part of my time spent lurking around here was in the agents/publishers recs threads, that's where I landed through that first mysterious rec.

After lurking for a few months I decided it was time to join the party :D

PPartisan

<><'ing for compliments
Registered
Reaction score
Website
werdpressed.wordpress.com
Yahoo Answers. I write bits of fiction and other stuff on wordpress, mostly serious stuff, but on there I follow a fantasy author who writes fantasy and had recently been published. I figured I'd give it a shot and asked to see if he'd like to premier some fantasy stuff I'd tried to write on his site, but he's been AWOL for ages! I also recognised that not that much fantasy writing goes on on Wordpress, so I thought I should just join a fiction focused forum.

Gave it a google, did some searching, and this place ranked highly. So, there we go ;)

JQTrotter

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jacquelinetrotter.wordpress.com
I came across AW while I was researching agents. When I kept seeing it in my google searches I finally clicked and got distracted for a couple hours. It was great :)

Liz_cm

New, but ready and revving to go
Registered
Reaction score
It's a marvelous place to find Johnny-Five style "INPUT"!:hooray:

It is :) I've learned tons just being on this site for a few days. Already making positive changes by just asking the right questions, and looking at what I need to do to polish my manuscript for querying. Now it's on it's way to my second beta-reader (non-awf member though).

bluntforcetrauma

Esquire
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote my first novel in 2006 and joined after searching for formatting info online. I forgot my log in name and rejoined in January 2008. I never even think about formatting these days...funny that.