Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 497499124139143144145146147148149
Results 3,701 to 3,708 of 3708

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

Banned
    google type search engining,
    discovering magazines to submit thru,
    absolute write is often listed below them.

figuring it all out
    Someone on critiquecircle mentioned this - surprising I didn't come across this on my own, but then maybe I didn't look hard enough
    First time writer. Go ahead, rain on my parade!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin paperxxflowers's Avatar
    I was looking up best writing websites and this was one of the ones that came up.

ROYALLY ENTITLED - May 16, 2017 Melody's Avatar
    I was looking for information about a publisher and this site came up. Then I started looking around and I was hooked.
    http://www.melodydelgado.com/ ROYALLY ENTITLED, published by Clean Reads- Out now on Kobo, B&N and Amazon

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Just joined a week ago. Looks interesting.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin MySummerJob's Avatar
    Did a Google search, "do you have to draw to write for comics?" cause I can't draw, but would like to one day work with Marvel or DC doing comics...

Came across this thread:
    http://absolutewrite.com/forums/show...but-can-t-draw

Realized this was a general writing forum (which sadly, I've never been a part of before), and signed up =D

Quote Originally Posted by MySummerJob View Post
    Did a Google search, "do you have to draw to write for comics?" cause I can't draw, but would like to one day work with Marvel or DC doing comics...

Came across this thread:
    http://absolutewrite.com/forums/show...but-can-t-draw

Realized this was a general writing forum (which sadly, I've never been a part of before), and signed up =D
    OOOH! Awesome! I love comic books! Superhero type stuff? What kinds? How does writing for a comic book work?

Welcome to the club! It's an awesome place to hang out.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin MySummerJob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanT View Post
    OOOH! Awesome! I love comic books! Superhero type stuff? What kinds? How does writing for a comic book work?

Welcome to the club! It's an awesome place to hang out.
    I've never actually written a comic before so sadly I wouldn't know. I have a super hero duo team (fraternal twins, a brother and sister story) basically another group of characters that are a part of Marvel's InHumans narrative. I'm really excited about this idea, and want to share more information (I actually wrote a paragraph, but deleted it). However, I don't think this is the place to share my current ideas.

I'm still working on the characters, and their relationship to the whole Marvel Comics' universe. I hope to one day get them not only published, but a part of the Marvel universe. Until then, I guess I'll just sit on them, work on them, and focus on other story ideas. I still have my first full length book idea from a story/premise I came up with in December of 2015, which I have done much with either =/
    I also write poetry.

Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 497499124139143144145146147148149