How'd You Find This Site?

nelehjr

Green as the meadow grass
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenink.com
Google, years and years ago. Being so young and inexperienced I found a lot of the site's patron's snobbish so I left.

LittleSimon

Registered
Reaction score
Found it through google. :) Now that I've translated my manuscript, I can finaly join an english forum.

Articulate Lady

Seductive Artist of Words and Ideas
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site from an article, by NY Book Editors. They described the 11 Top Writing Communities. I was on writingforums.com, but they are a little too harsh in their critique. I can take criticism, but not when my work is being completely picked apart. I am no "expert." I just want to enjoy creating something.

Kaylene

Registered
Reaction score
I used to belong to a writer's forum called Writer's Block but they went away without notice. (Which kinda stinks because my computer fried prior to that and before I was able to retrieve the story I had been working on and sharing there, it was gone.) Anyway, I've been looking for a writing group ever since. I stumbled across this site looking for information on writer's block. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for for almost 7 years.

mcrosbie

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching for a forum where I could ask for suggestions from other writers of memoir and biography to assist me with some challenges I am experiencing. I used Google to search for a biography forum.

nelehjr

Green as the meadow grass
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.teenink.com
I love this place! Even though people can be a bit snobby sometimes... There's a lot to learn here, though. I think I just found it using google!

Alexbkirk

Registered
Reaction score
I had just finished my prologue and was looking for a place to find someone to look at it. I found this link on some top ten for that kind of thing so I figured why not.

Eilyfe

Registered
Reaction score
Brandon Sanderson mentioned this site in one of his fantastic lectures available on Youtube.

Last edited:

peartree

Registered
Reaction score
I found it when I was googling for new agents to send my manuscript off to.

katemcbride

Registered
Reaction score
Same here. Just found it while surfing the net. Seems ok so far but need to spend more time on it

JShaft33

Registered
Reaction score
Going deep down the rabbit hole researching how to submit queries, etc. There's a ton of valuable information on this forum.

johnkoehler

Registered
Reaction score
I was walking through a dark alley and saw the AW website featured on a wall. Strange I thought. After checking with the FBI, I decided it was legit and joined.

Just kidding. I'm a writer, author and publisher. So I THINK I joined to kind of keep a pulse on what's important to writers. Not sure how much time I'll spend here but..... I like the voice AW gives to writers. I salute you.