How'd You Find This Site?

chastiser

Registered
Reaction score
Website
knowledgelost.org
I heard about this site from NaNoWriMo.

Though at the time I was failing to complete the task. Now I've decided to focus more on writing so I thought I best join

LiMeiLing

Registered
Reaction score
I found these forums while doing background checks on agents. You guys are awesome! I've found the answers to so many questions and it's just so encouraging to know I'm not alone. Consciously I always knew, but actually seeing so many people in the same boat helps so much! Thanks so much to the wonderful people who created and run this site!

Vilisse

Hitting my head in procrastination
Registered
Reaction score
I Googled 'writers forum' (or something like that)

anotherday12

I'm usually screaming.
Registered
Reaction score
I was on Yahoo answers and someone directed me here. Best piece of advice I was given in a LONG time :).

Rampantic

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone - name's James and it's my first post so I'll try to be brief and not bore everyone right off hehe.
I found this site yesterday whilst trying to find out about a publisher who's just offered me a contract (of sorts.) The publisher is Pegasus and the contract has VANITY written all over it.
One writer on the forum has already confirmed what I thought the second I saw Pegasus's letter.
I'll be writing a brief no thank you to them, and a note of gratitude to the writer on here - once I find out how to properly navigate the site of course...

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Rampantic, welcome to the watercooler. Why not start a thread here in the Newbie section so we can all welcome you in true AW style :)

zaffu

Registered
Reaction score
I found the site through Google, though I can't for the life of me remember which search terms I used.

Exile87

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
I found this site while researching various Literary Agents. Lots of my google results kept leading me to threads here about agents that I should think twice about!

Snowstorm

Baby plot bunneh sniffs out a clue
Registered
Reaction score
I use Dogpile (I hate Google) and was trying to research query letters. This site called Absolute Write kept on popping up on the first page, often the first site. Jeez.

Okay, fine. What is this place?

Oh, yeah ...

Forsaken

...Writing...
Registered
Reaction score
I was searching on google when I stumbled upon this site. Since writing has pretty much taken over my life, I thought this might be the perfect place for me. :D

lesleykj

AW Obsessed
Registered
Reaction score
A friend on Goodreads recommended the site, she said it was a good place for tips and advice. Wow was she right.

Jake.C

Registered
Reaction score
Someone mentioned it on another site, thought I'd check it out.

I already forgot which site that was :¬/

theDF_underground

Registered
Reaction score
I found my way here ages ago via word of mouth from pals on various other writing-related forums... I can't really call myself a newb to AW, though I've been on hiatus for a few years and now feel like I'm starting all over again here. Oh, wait, I am starting all over again here... new gig, new handle, new AW account (because I forgot my old login). So, howdy, folks! Nice t'meetcha. :)

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I got here from TV Tropes, of all places. they mentioned you on their "archive binge" page, and, curious, I did a quick search and voila!

RedRajah

Special Snowflake? No. Hailstone
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Someone mentioned it on one of the LJ communities I frequent recently and I was intrigued.

hannah_92

Registered
Reaction score
Stumbled upon it ages ago but didn't think anything of it. Now I'm starting to get more into writing seriously I thought I'd come on over. :)

Kweei

Expert Procrastinator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kltownsend.com
I don't know how I found this site...

I think I might have stumbled on it from someone's link or by a web search. A few years ago when I was first deciding to research writing, I think I bumped into the bewares part of this site as well as other helpful sites like P&E.

I only really started becoming a little more active here recently.

Story-maker

done rewriting!
Registered
Reaction score
Well after querying the heck out of every YA agent that took emails, I got desperate one day and looked for some publishers who would take email queries (yes I was being lazy). A site with "reputable publishers" listed three that I queried. One of those responded and asked for my manuscript. After searching the site of teh publisher in question, I sent it. I never heard from him again. It has been four months. Immediately after sending my work to the person, I felt nervous. I did an internet search and stumbled across an AW thread about this person/publisher. After reading about the person I decided I would not sign a contract with him if he offered one. I continued to try my futile querying campaign with agents for several more months. I then gave up for a few months. When I started researching the publishing process again I came across this same site. I somehow knew, this time around, that this place was going to help me. I thank everyone involved in the maintenance of AW. :)