AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 148 of 151 FirstFirst ... 487398123138142143144145146147148149150151 LastLast
Results 3,676 to 3,700 of 3770

Thread: How'd You Find This Site?

figuring it all out
    The site was recommended to me by a literary agent after I had queried her.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    My twitter friend, author of Simon vs the homosapiens agenda, Becky Albertalli recommended this site. I'm so happy to be here :-)

figuring it all out CreativeHeart75's Avatar
    I googled something like, "Best writing forums". It gave me a fair few articles and this site was one of the top listed. Glad to be here with all of you. Hope to learn a lot.

I was recommended coming here by a literary agent's rejection letter. Probably the most useful rejection letter yet!

figuring it all out
    Quote Originally Posted by GruffGoat View Post
    I was recommended coming here by a literary agent's rejection letter. Probably the most useful rejection letter yet!
    Same

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Devabbi's Avatar
    I found this site in some search results for writing research. Glad I did! Trying to make writing more of a priority in my adult life and feel like a community will help tremendously.

practical experience, FTW
    Someone on another forum recommended this site to me years ago...then, after researching queries, this domain name came up more than once by agents.

Sockpuppet
    Google.

I found it by searching for the answers to a writing questions a few years back, but only recently decided to make an account.
    Last edited by bluejaybooks; 04-27-2017 at 01:04 AM.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin angelbae's Avatar
    I saw a post on tumblr that had some really good writing advice, got the book itself on Kindle, and in the back it was listed as a recommended place to go!

I had seen it listed in various agents' blogrolls--Janet Reid, AC Crispin's Writer Beware, and I think Nathan Bransford, when he was agenting. AW's widespread respected status got me curious.

figuring it all out
    I've been lurking here for so long that I've forgotten. Probably from writersdigest.com

Found it through Google! Lurked for a while and when I finished my novel decided that I wanted to be a part of the community.

I'm fairly active on some fantasy-related subreddits. One of the mods on r/fantasywriters suggested the forums here might be a good place to get critiques on my query letter.

It came up in a forum discussion years ago; been lurking off and on ever since.

I first found out about this site by searching. Then, my friend Kristi told me she signed up a long time ago. After a lot of lurking, I just decided to join. I'm glad I did.

Barbara

Quote Originally Posted by sc211 View Post
    Hey all, and welcome.

I've been here for half a year or so, and it's one of the best sites I've found for advice and support about writing.

The web's a weird place, with lots of trails, so I was wondering, how'd you find this site?

I myself found it mentioned in Writer's Digest's list of 101 Best Web Sites.

www.writersdigest.com/101..._index.asp

See you on the boards...

A combination of hearing this website mentioned by both the WordNerds on youtube (their 'places to meet writers' video specifically) and seeing it mentioned on Sarah Dennard's blog with a post of a similar theme. Glad to be here!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Cpinkz's Avatar
    I found the link on reddit.com.

figuring it all out airandarkness's Avatar
    It's hard to remember because I've been lurking for ages, but it was probably by googling some writing related question and finding a thread about it on here! I've lurked mostly on the Bewares forum looking for information on agents, which is one of the reasons I finally decided to join - now that I've been submitting to agents for almost a year, I can share my own experiences with various agents.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin wolfbard's Avatar
    Hi, I found this site when I was doing a search for some information about injuries and the duration needed for healing. I found it really helpful because it wasn't a text book answer, it was individuals that had experienced the types of injuries I was looking into giving their experiences.
    Although they are
    only breath, words
    which i command
    are immortal.

Sappho

I'd seen a post on Facebook from some firm of publishers that sounded a little dubious, so I went Googling for information and found a really long thread about 'em right here. (Austin Macauley)

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Charles Gull's Avatar
    picked the link up at 'https://thewritelife.com/100-best-websites-for-writers-2017/'
    Don't follow me, I'm lost too!
    http://www.ax-yz.mobi

I found it while searching on google, and ending up on the following site, which recommends this forum:
    https://nybookeditors.com/2015/11/11...-join-and-why/

I was told about this site by a published author that I admire. She told me that I would sharpen my skills here by both reading and contributing.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Zuluz's Avatar
    A good friend (Niki03), who's been a member for about three years, hooked me up. She says that it's the most useful site for writers that she's found.

Page 148 of 151 FirstFirst ... 487398123138142143144145146147148149150151 LastLast