How'd You Find This Site?

Faith's Embrace

Registered
Reaction score
I was looking up information on general word counts for short stories and novels. This is what Google brought me. :)

Seems like I may have to shorten my 'starter' novels a bit and work on some short stories. Thankfully I have no shortage of ideas.

francist44

Tenacious to a fault
Registered
Reaction score
Spotsylvania Virgina, not the vampire place
Website
www.writerfrans-cave.com
Your site was highly recommended by the Predators and Editors site. Thus far, I am quite happy to be here. I really feel that it will help me get my book published. Whereas maybe 10 people have read it and near everyone loved it. Yes, I know friends don't want to hurt your feelings by being honest; however they also won't come back and tell you in great detail how much they liked this or that MC or chapter and so forth if they really did not. Nor will they ask if can let someone else read it.
BTW: I'm talking about an adventure/fantasy novel of 204,000 words! With the excellent help available here, I should be able to get that all-important query letter right, structure and grammar-wise.

skycrashesdown

Registered
Reaction score
Google! It was the most active and thriving of the writer's forums that came up, so I signed up.

Jon Rowlison

World of Æor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jonrowlison.com
Found via Google as well. I was looking up info on creative POV switching and hit an article... Found out there were whole SETS of forums on different topics.

Joined, and was almost overwhelmed at how many message boards there were. I'm coping... I'll get the hang of this shortly. I'm amazed to see how many people on here have 14,000+ posts.

Journeyman

Registered
Reaction score
Through Google - I was searching for information on a publisher to see if they were legit, and because of this site, I found they weren't - thank God

nfabienne

Registered
Reaction score
While researching literary agents, every time I Googled an agent this site came up. I am glad to have found it : )

Zeusmiester

Registered
Reaction score
found this website

i'm new to the site as well, but someone on my blog sent me this site to assist me in my writing aspirations..

and boy howdy what a good tip it was..
seems to be alot of knowledge and very helpful people here.

Thanks
Zeus

ashira

Be gentle but honest!
Registered
Reaction score
it was recommonded to me by someone on associatedcontent. This looks like it will be fun!

Brandt

give it to me straight
Registered
Reaction score
I got here through answers.yahoo.com. I asked the question, "where can I get my writing critiqued" and was given several options. Someone at one of the other sites, I think writerscafe steered me this way. I am really glad to be here. So far it is awesome.

glacier

Give it to me straight!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
write4teens.blogspot.com
I stumbled across this site when I was searching for successful synopsis examples. The information I found was great. Then I really enjoyed taking a look at other people's work. It helps me to think about mine after looking at someone else. It is silly that it is so difficult to find the flaws in your own writing.

Scribe4264

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Google search for writers having issues with PublishAmerica. Yeah, I'm one of those left oinking from the PA boinking.

Katze_E

The Imperial
Registered
Reaction score
Funny as it is, I was searching on Google what a "Mary Sue" was (I'm not an english native-speaking and not prone to sci-fi fanfic), and ended up here... and kept coming back.

Meloncholy

Registered
Reaction score
I was searching on google for a screen writer's forum and this site came up on the first page. This community seems a little more active and vibrant than others, hence why I am here...

Triphi

Registered
Reaction score
Mine might be unique (not sure, didn't read through all the posts!)--I heard about AW via Ravelry, a giant knitting/crochet site of awesomeness. I'm a member of several groups there for knitters who write :)

Zanthus

Not as crazy as he thinks
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is a bit boring looked it up online and found some one suggesting it as an answer in one of those answer sites can't remember which one even though it was yesterday but perhaps someone else knows

Quasar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.caffeinatedpages.com
Mine might be unique (not sure, didn't read through all the posts!)--I heard about AW via Ravelry, a giant knitting/crochet site of awesomeness. I'm a member of several groups there for knitters who write :)

My wife is an avid Ravelry member, and also a mod of a couple of groups there. I'm continually impressed by the coolness of what Casey has managed to build.

As for this site, I found it by the power of repetition. I follow a number of YA writers and agents on Twitter, and I read blogs here and there. One common thread seemed to pull through them all...

"There's this fantastic website for writers called ABSOLUTE WRITE, and if you don't check it out right now you're doing yourself a disservice." So I caved. And, after a few months of lurking, I decided to stop being such a wallflower!