How'd You Find This Site?

Paolo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dumpsternet.org
After I submitted my manuscript to TOR books, I googled this: "TOR experience manuscript". A few links down the page, I found a couple threads from this forum and then it was off to the races.

I Luckin' Fove this place.

Paolo

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dumpsternet.org
MacAllister said:
oh yeah--and, Lori, how IS TBWN? Now that school's out, and all?

Oh look! Yet another blog! Hurray!

<G>

LOL! It worked! I clicked the link in your signature and I'm reading your blog right now. It's very nice. The writing and the look of the blog itself is soothing.

I did something similar with my signature; a link to my blog (no-so-subtle hint).

I hunger for eyeballs. Must. Have. Clicks.

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I'll report in on Sunday in WPR, Mac. Until then, you'll just have to live in suspense. ;)

(Paolo, thanks for distracting her like that.)

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Thanks for the compliment, Paolo. :) Feel free to drop by and leave a comment any time.

I like your blog--the story you posted to the idol prompt was edgy and weird--I like it a lot!

CalicoBean

Registered
Reaction score
I received a letter in the mail from Publish America inviting me to purchase a book from an acquaintance of mine. Shortly thereafter he had a book signing at a local indie, so I went and bought one of the books. It cost nearly $20.00 and was the worst book I've every tried to read. (Not bad so much on the story level but on the sentence level -- barely coherent sentences, a confusing overuse of commas, etc.) I was amazed and googled Publish America. And here I am!!

This is a great board. I check in on Uncle Jim's thread frequently, but I must confess I've become addicted to the Neverending Thread. It's like a soap opera! For the sake of my WIP, I need to look away.

(BTW, I've read enough of the information regarding PA to know that PA accepts the good just as readily as the bad and that there are many fine authors and books with PA. I feel lucky that the book I purchased was so poorly written. Had it been well written, I may have looked at Publish America as an option for me).

wordwrite

First post here, I found this site through Dawno. I know her through a few different boards and blogs and such.
I plan on wandering about sometime later, just wanted to check in and take care of the newbie intro stuff.

Last edited:

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Pure chance - what luck!

Bufty

Albedo of Zero

That didn't hurt
Registered
Reaction score
Heck, I've been here over a month (I think) and never introduced myself; I just jumped in. Sorry?

Anyway, I googled my way here, directions follow.

Directions from here to Absolute Write Water Cooler:

North until you see the red barn (the one with the faded tobacco ad on the roof... not the one with the full parking lot)
Turn right just before you get to the fence before the trough in front of the barn. (again, the red one)
Take this curvy road until it straightens out. ( you'll see Farmer Joe's "Peaches for Sale" sign there; stop and buy one peach... nah, I'm kidding. Buying one peach always rankles his humor)
Anyway, when the curvy road straightens out, go straight unless it's flooded.
If it's flooded, go back home and get on the internet and type in google.
Then type in some things you want to know about writing. With a little bit of looking and just behind the Jones's chicken coop, you'll be where you are.

batgirl

Writting broad
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bmlgordon.com
I got here from Making Light, following one of TNH's pieces on writing scams, so indirectly it was because of Publishamerica too. I've been reading the Neverending Thread for weeks, and am finally up to the present.
I was also reading Learn Writing with Uncle Jim, but had to stop until my copy of Logical Chess arrived.
-Barbara

KathieM

A writer on The MindSight Forum mentioned this forum. Of course, it was in a thread about the publishing scam of the century (PA). I didn't see an address, so I did a search. I saw an Ezboard address and the one from vBulletin. I clicked on the link, and here I am.
wink.gif

Kathie

gogoshire

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I found this place in April when I was thumbing through the Writer's Market.

I'm still new here - I never did a proper introduction, I suppose - and it's a huge place, a bit overwhelming how much info is here. I come here daily looking for something and I get sucked into the vortex every time.

I'm really glad to have happened upon it.

Homesar Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Found this place by surfing ...

... Googling, actually. I'm stewing on a novel idea and was looking around the net for information. One of the hits was a link to a discussion at this site. Looking around, I decided to register and visit a while. Who knows what i might turn up!

For anyone who cares, the registration was a tad tedious. The email-verification messages kept winding up in my bulk mail folder at Yahoo. I'm not sure why they were considered to be spam, but there you are.

Also, once registered, my password didn't work (no, I didn't make a mistake with it!). I had to request a new password, log in, reset the password, etc. etc.

Maybe it's just one of those days.

Homesar

aka eraser

Fish Whisperer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.frankbaron.com
About three years ago I was minding my own business peeking under the Women's washroom door when Jenna grabbed me by the ear and marched me over here. Said something about making better use of my time.

Debatable, but what the heck. This is fun too.

Dark Phoenix

I found this place looking at my brother's computer, he was looking at "Learn Writing with Uncle Jim" at the time.

kcr

Publish America

I found the board through the Never Ending Publish American thread. I saw PA mentioned on a blog (probably Making Light), and followed the research here.

DragonTears

I came across this place in either one of two ways, just not sure which it is. I came across someone who is a writer who was published with Publish America, and I looked up info on it and I know I came across the Neverending Publish America thread as well, but dont know if I got here from there or from when I did searches on publishers/agents. Either way, I thoroughly enjoy this forum and I find it extremely helpful!

JayEss

Registered
Reaction score
brokenfingers said:
I found this place about a year or so ago through Writer’s Digest Best Writing Sites.

I too found the site this way...

Tiger

AKA: "Gums of Steel"
Registered
Reaction score
I ran a google search on a publisher... Turns out to have had a thread running at this site.

-T

Uncletrunx

Limited by talent
Registered
Reaction score
I was referred here by a member ( *The Navigator* )

I'll introduce myself properly in a thread after I've posted here.

arrowqueen

RIP, our sarky besom
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
I woke up after a Friday night on the vodka, to find myself lying under the water-cooler.

I've been here ever since. (Mainly because I can't find the door.)

Thomas K

Registered
Reaction score
Website
home.earthlink.net
That's awesome, arrowqueen! I found this site (via a Google search for "word count") while over by Iraq about five months ago. It made the little free time I had a little more enjoyable. :Thumbs:

TomHarrington

I was lead here by the disembodied head of Mickey Rooney, who touted your wonderful parking accommodations and all-night salad bar. Or it might’ve been the result of a Google search for sites with information about hallucinogen-excreting toads.