Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twilight Times Books / Paladin Timeless Books

Twilight Times Books / Paladin Timeless Books

I'm not sure if this is the proper forum, and please re-direct me if need be.

Am wondering if anyone has had any experience with Twilight Times Publishing. Preditors and Editors shows a high recommendation, and I think they'd be a good fit for my ms.

They'll be accepting submissions starting July 15 for a few weeks and I'd like to give it a shot. Additional thumbs' ups would be great to have before then.

Thank you!
    Shiraz

If we are honest, faithful, constructive and disciplined in our behavior, we will ultimately reap blessings for the good crops we have sown.

practical experience, FTW Kristen King's Avatar
    You want Bewares and Background Checks. Be sure to peruse the previous posts, as this may very well have been addressed in the past.

Good luck!

Kristen
    kristen king
    writer, editor, etc.
    www.kristenkingfreelancing.com

Award-Winning Inkthinker Blog Moves to New Home - Visit the new digs and read all about the ins and outs of the full-time freelance life.

Lively Women - The latest in women's health and wellness with a real-life perspective.

meow/bark/blog -
    Two unbalanced cats, a stubborn pug, and a bullmastiff that weighs more than I do? What were we thinking?

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    I've moved this thread from Ask the Agent to Bewares, where it's better suited.

- Victoria

Thank you - I don't know why I didn't see this myself.

I've done a search and don't see that this publisher has come up before, so any information offered is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again.
    Shiraz

If we are honest, faithful, constructive and disciplined in our behavior, we will ultimately reap blessings for the good crops we have sown.

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us at AW Requiescat In Pace Popeyesays's Avatar
    [B]Okay, damnit, I blog [URL]http://cscottsaylorsbooks.blogspot.com/[/URL][/B]
    [B]Sword of the Dajjal[/B] e-book, [SIZE=2]Published by BooksForABuck.com May, 2007 ISBN: 978-1-602-052-2 [URL]http://www.booksforabuck.com/sfpages/sf_07/sword_dajjal.html[/URL][/SIZE]
    Out in print early 2008 from Blu Phi'er[URL="http://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/eBook47261.htm?cached"][/URL]
    [B]Jars of Doom[/B] out mid 2008 from Blu Phi'er
    [URL]http://www.bluphier.com/[/URL]

Thanks, Popeyesays. I do have the link to their website and I've done a check as to their legitimacy. Maybe I wasn't clear - I just wanted to know if anyone here has had any PERSONAL experience with them to add to what I already know.

Appreciate the time taken, however.
    Shiraz

Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz
    Thanks, Popeyesays. I do have the link to their website and I've done a check as to their legitimacy. Maybe I wasn't clear - I just wanted to know if anyone here has had any PERSONAL experience with them to add to what I already know.

Twilight Times was founded by Linda Quillen. I've never worked with her as a writer but I have had correspondence with her over the years from one editor to another and found her pleasant. The publisher has been around since 1999, so that shows stability. She's always come across as serious about publishing. That's my experience, anyways, FWIW.
    Eggplant Literary Productions,
    A small electronic speculative fiction publisher.

Thanks so much, Roach. Just what I wanted to know.
    Shiraz

One Hit Wonder? Kasey Mackenzie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiraz

I assume Popeyesays listed that link so that those who want to do further research for you can be sure they are checking out the correct place. Sometimes there are businesses with the same or similar names and it makes it easier for all the savvy researchers out there to help you. =)

That said, good luck!
    Good things come to those who wait...and work their tails off!!!

Coming Soon on Kindle: Reborn in Fire

practical experience, FTW

Twilight Times Books

http://www.twilighttimesbooks.com/

I wondered if anyone here knew anything about them.

From the Website:

Twilight Times Books is a royalty paying small press print publisher. Due to an exceptional front list of books, all with four star reviews, the print division of Twilight Times Books launched twenty-one titles in trade paperback in 2004. Our books are distributed internationally through B.C.H. and Florida Academic Press. Download versions of our books are available in PDF, HTML or Palm formats.
    LIT, RB or Hiebook formats are available as a special order. You you can expect delivery via email within 4 - 6 hours of placing your order.
    A Few More Facts

You might like to know the story behind the story of Twilight Times Books. I'm a publisher who is a lover of literature and storytelling. When I first discovered the Internet, I was amazed at the number of highly talented and yet unpublished writers I kept meeting.
    In June 1998, I started Twilight Times ezine to showcase great writing. For the past five years, TT ezine has placed in the top twenty ezines on the internet for both fiction and poetry in the Preditors and Editors™ Readers Poll, a reader's annual survey of the best on the web.
    Twilight Times Books was established January 1999 as an epublisher. In 2004, we evolved from an Internet epublisher to a small press print publisher. TT Books is currently expanding into hard cover as well as paperback books and will be seeking new distributors for both ebooks and print books in the coming months. At Twilight Times Books our mission is to promote excellence in writing and great literature. We're dedicated to enhancing the prospects of getting great literary, New Age and SF/F books into the hands of readers.

Twilight Times is a reputable small press e-publisher run by Lida E. Quillen. Their e-books show up at Fictionwise and other e-book vendors so they have distribution. It's been around for just about forever (in the Internet sense), so they have staying power. NB: I've never worked with her as an author but when I was running my own e-zines and small press we had occassional contact.
    Eggplant Literary Productions,
    A small electronic speculative fiction publisher.

Their book covers are beautiful, I loved several and would def. pick them up and read blurbs.

banned as an incurable tosspot
    I took a look and read sample chapters of one novel. Impressive.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see anywhere how many books they've sold. Should we know such information before submitting?

Amazon lists 47 titles. Many appear to be priced at list (no discount) which puts me in mind of some POD publishers.

With that many titles and Amazon's new-ish Connect program, you can probably find the contact info of some of their authors. Why not drop them a line and ask about their experience with Twilight Times?
    Recently Thunk Thoughts
    www.frankbaron.com
    My book makes a great gift!

He who conquers others is strong. He who conquers himself is mighty. - Lao Tzu

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I have a friend who published with them and I think he was reasonably pleased. The cover design was really nice. My only qualm was that there were sort of a load of typos in the book, but a more careful reading of the final proof might take care of that.

Ahead of Your Time Chicken Warrior's Avatar
    I was just wondering if anyone has heard anything of TT recently? I see they still have books on the way, but I subbed a query on the first day of their last open period (July) and still haven't heard back - and I've heard the same thing from others. They say response time is max 2 mnths, and I'm a few days past that. I'll wait till October before trying a follow up, but I was just curious if anyone else has subbed recently without response.

figuring it all out
    I haven't heard anything either. I submitted the first day they opened up.

Holding out for a Superhero... Sheryl Nantus's Avatar
    Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second Life!
    they've been sitting on a story of mine "scheduled for the Summer 2006 issue" for over a year.

responses to my email are spotty, at best. Last contact I had with her was the above-mentioned date in July, 2006.

me no happy.

I queried them with synopsis and partial in February. Ms. Quillen said she was intrigued and asked for the whole thing, and of course I sent it to her.

I have heard nothing since.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Yes I wrote Linda the early this week--same thing, no reply. Must be swamped.

Anyone had any recent experience with them? Thanks.

Hates Marketing. Loves Writing. The Grump's Avatar
    I got a reasonably quick rejection from them. I don't remember what it was for, though.
    My Book Blog: me muttering at Lessons from My Reading with fantasy book reviews from a writer's point of view.

Raises Turtles in his Basement TWErvin2's Avatar
    I couple years back I sent a partial. It took almost 2 months for them to respond. They asked for the full manuscript. It took a little over 3 months to get the rejection. They sent a short letter explaining why.

This author seems happy with them. http://www.gather.com/viewArticle.ac...81474977819160. I read Tremolo, and it was very well written, laid out well, nice cover, good editing.

kap
    Horror with Heart
    -----------
    Struck - Lightning isn't always an act of nature. Sometimes it's a calling.
    Dark Knowledge - When good and evil intertwine, taking one means accepting the other.
    Above Haldis Notch - Vengeance doesn't always end at the grave.

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Updated link to Paladin Timeless: http://www.paladintimelessbooks.com/

New imprint Fibonacci Editions: http://www.fibonaccieditions.com/
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast