Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: I Have to Say

I Have to Say

I have to say that I am very favorably impressed with this new Historical Fiction board and the people who are hanging out here. I'm super impressed that a number of you have taken the time to read and comment on the Prologue-Chapter 1 I posted in Share Your Work (this also included a PM from one of you). It makes me feel very good about the interest everyone has in helping each other out and the genre. My thanks and kudos to everyone! Puma

I think it's kudos to you, as well.
    ~Jen
    Now Available: DEVOTED TO CREATING

"Giving yourself permission to create and to do the worst frees you to do what you want. You can evaluate the results later." (from "Permission," Devoted to Creating)

It figures, as soon as I comment about how good this board is everyone clams up and there've hardly been any posts since. Another of Murphy's laws, maybe Puma

Banned

Ah, yes but...

what comes first, Puma, writing our novel/short/whatever in the little time we have? Or reading and writing on the AW board?

Barbershoppin' Harmony Whore BardSkye's Avatar
    I'm sorry, Puma, just bad timing on my part. I'm on a deadline for some sketches, stuck trying to learn bookkeeping (which does not come naturally for me; so far I'm hating it) for work and in the midst of a couple of other jobs. I do try to pop in once or twice a day, but it'll be a month or so before I can actually contribute much of anything.

Not to worry

I understand - everyone has many things to do, me included. However, when I get home from work I don't have the energy to do much with writing, so AW is a bit of a break (which also unfortunately means I try to cram too much writing wise in the weekends). Good luck with the book keeping, Bardskye. Puma

The grad students did it NeuroFizz's Avatar
    Bad time for me, too. I'm in the middle of my research season, have a big grant proposal due in days, and my historical just came out last week, so I'm trying to squeeze in some PR work. To top it off, my wife is out of town for a week, and I'm Mr. Mom and Mr. Dad combined for two kids, six and three. But, I agree. Glad to see this forum and all of you who are active here.
    Phoenix (Historical - 2006)First Place, 2007 Arizona Authors Assoc. Book Awards Whiskey Creek Press
    Something Bad (Horror - 2007) Medallion Press. Silver Medal, 2008 IPPY awards, Horror category
    Rollicking Anthropomorphisms (Poetry Collection - 2008) 2009 EPPIE Award Finalist Whiskey Creek Press
    Agnes Hahn (Psychological Suspense 2008) Medallion Press Silver Medal, 2009 IPPY awards, Horror category
    Imola (Sequel to Agnes Hahn 2009) - Medallion Press
    3.99 (Psychological Suspense/Mystery 2012) - Musa 2014 EPIC e-book awards Finalist, Paranormal category

Dave Diamantes
    Me 2.

RIP, our sarky besom Requiescat In Pace arrowqueen's Avatar
    I think we're all just blushing modestly.
    [b][color=darkorchid]Rejection is Nature's way of telling you to write better.[/color][/b]