• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

WME Entertainment / William Morris Endeavor (US)

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
I searched, but couldn't find this agency listed; it should be, so here goes.
Jay Mandel from the WMA has requested a full. Does anyone know anything about him, beyond the little said on agentquery? I always like to find interviews with or articles by agents I'm courting, just to get a bit of backgroud on their work, but on some agents there's very little info.

MMo

Registered
Reaction score
aruna said:
Jay Mandel from the WMA has requested a full. Does anyone know anything about him, beyond the little said on agentquery? I always like to find interviews with or articles by agents I'm courting, just to get a bit of backgroud on their work, but on some agents there's very little info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=William_Morris_Agency&action=edit
Founded in 1898; more than 600 employees -- more

http://www.wma.com/
Talent and Literary Agency
[SIZE=-1]Has principal offices in New York, Beverly Hills, Nashville and London,

http://www.wrhammons.com/jay-mandel-agent.htm

[/SIZE]Jay Mandel

William Morris Agency

Here are a few published works of fiction that this authors' representative has represented for publication (just click on any link to be taken to that book's page on wrhammons.com, which has an amazon.com graphic of that book's cover that links to that book's page on amazon.com. On amazon.com you can buy the book online, read inside pages of the book, read book reviews, see what other books buyers of that book also bought, etc.):

The Inquisitor: A Medical Thriller by Peter Clement
Blue Plate Special: A Novel of Love, Loss, and Food by Frances Norris

Here are a few published works of non-fiction that this authors' representative has represented for publication (just click on any link to be taken to that book's page on wrhammons.com, which has an amazon.com graphic of that book's cover that links to that book's page on amazon.com. On amazon.com you can buy the book online, read inside pages of the book, read book reviews, see what other books buyers of that book also bought, etc.):

The Last Coach: A Life of Paul "Bear" Bryant by Allen Barra
Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
Faith at War: A Journey on the Frontlines of Islam, from Baghdad to Timbuktu by Yaroslav Trofimov

http://www.aar-online.org/
Jay Mandel
William Morris Agency
1325 Ave. of the Americas
New York, NY 10019
USA

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Aruna, I just know and have been aware that the WMA is truly a whopper agency with many titles and successful authors. I think you hit gold here, and I'm pulling for you on this one. I mean, gad zooks, you must have done something right/write!

Got em crossed for ya, although it hurts.

Tri

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
triceretops said:
Aruna, I just know and have been aware that the WMA is truly a whopper agency with many titles and successful authors. I think you hit gold here, and I'm pulling for you on this one. I mean, gad zooks, you must have done something right/write!

Got em crossed for ya, although it hurts.

Tri

I think I just have a good query letter and the concept sounds good, as I've had several requests from good agencies. Remains to be seen if the ms is as good. I am trying hard to breathe normally and not think too far ahead; expect the worst and hope for the best, and that sort of thing. But thanks for all the crossing of various body parts!

I got the request only a day after my query, and heavens be blessed, he asked me to email it, and didn't ask for an exclusive.

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Sharon, a friend of mine is an actor with the WMA. They are one of the big ones, and only take on the very, very best. Fingers tightly crossed for you. I hope they recognise your talent!

PerditaDrury

Registered
Reaction score
aruna said:

I'm repped by WMA as a screenwriter/television producer... and it took an awful lot of credits before they brought me in.

WMA is one of the top five agencies in the USA, period. They are so big and powerful, they defy description. They have a New York branch that deals with books but I guarantee that they wouldn't show interest in you if they didn't think your work might show film potential too.

I know that writing for the screen was one of your goals and you've managed to interest the top dog. Congratulations are in order just for the request.

Bravo!

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
WMA

Offices in New York, Beverly Hills, Nashville, Miami, London, and Shanghai. Hard to beat this. I might be worried about getting lost in the shuffle, but, wow, what an opportunity.

aruna

On a wing and a prayer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharonmaas.co.uk
Thanks to everyone, and I guess I posted this in the wrong forum. Whatever happens, it's so encouraging just to get that mail and to feel your suppport.

Muggsie

Registered
Reaction score
aruna,
WMA is big time. I'm pulling for you as are all the other folks at AW who you have helped.
muggsie

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
Same thing just happened to me, with JMan. And for six weeks it was a wonderful fantasy, thinking I might be represented by the William Morris Agency, even though what James says is probably true about getting lost.
Then Charlotte the assistant wrote me an email declining the project--but saying they'd love to see my next.
Hope you have better luck. In the meantime, get to work on the next.

janetbellinger

Registered
Reaction score
That is so awesome. I submitted to them before Christmas but haven't heard back yet. Should I take that as a rejection or do they take longer to get back to you?

RJLeahy

Banned
Reaction score
William Morris

I noticed on the WMA website, that they ask you to send all submissions to Literary Department Coordinator. Would it be better to address a query to a specific agent, ie, Susan Gluck, or just use the generic, Dear Sir?

The Scribbler

Registered
Reaction score
I queried a specific agent but the rejection letter I received was from someone else. I think it is always better to query a specific agent within an agency thoug I am sure agencies as large as William Morris probably have a department that handles incoming queries so the agent you are interested in may never actually see it unfortunately.