The AW Amazon Store
Buy Books by AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: William Morris Endeavor (US) (formerly The William Morris Agency)

William Morris Endeavor (US) (formerly The William Morris Agency)

I searched, but couldn't find this agency listed; it should be, so here goes.
    Jay Mandel from the WMA has requested a full. Does anyone know anything about him, beyond the little said on agentquery? I always like to find interviews with or articles by agents I'm courting, just to get a bit of backgroud on their work, but on some agents there's very little info.
    OUT NOW!
    The Lost Daughter of India
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Sons of Gods -- the Mahabharata

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by aruna
    Jay Mandel from the WMA has requested a full. Does anyone know anything about him, beyond the little said on agentquery? I always like to find interviews with or articles by agents I'm courting, just to get a bit of backgroud on their work, but on some agents there's very little info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?...cy&action=edit
    Founded in 1898; more than 600 employees -- more

http://www.wma.com/
    Talent and Literary Agency
    Has principal offices in New York, Beverly Hills, Nashville and London,

http://www.wrhammons.com/jay-mandel-agent.htm

Jay Mandel

William Morris Agency

Here are a few published works of fiction that this authors' representative has represented for publication (just click on any link to be taken to that book's page on wrhammons.com, which has an amazon.com graphic of that book's cover that links to that book's page on amazon.com. On amazon.com you can buy the book online, read inside pages of the book, read book reviews, see what other books buyers of that book also bought, etc.):

The Inquisitor: A Medical Thriller by Peter Clement
    Blue Plate Special: A Novel of Love, Loss, and Food by Frances Norris

Here are a few published works of non-fiction that this authors' representative has represented for publication (just click on any link to be taken to that book's page on wrhammons.com, which has an amazon.com graphic of that book's cover that links to that book's page on amazon.com. On amazon.com you can buy the book online, read inside pages of the book, read book reviews, see what other books buyers of that book also bought, etc.):

The Last Coach: A Life of Paul "Bear" Bryant by Allen Barra
    Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach
    Faith at War: A Journey on the Frontlines of Islam, from Baghdad to Timbuktu by Yaroslav Trofimov

http://www.aar-online.org/
    Jay Mandel
    William Morris Agency
    1325 Ave. of the Americas
    New York, NY 10019
    USA

Never Moe and certainly not Moe-randa. I had the name first.

Cool

Aruna, I just know and have been aware that the WMA is truly a whopper agency with many titles and successful authors. I think you hit gold here, and I'm pulling for you on this one. I mean, gad zooks, you must have done something right/write!

Got em crossed for ya, although it hurts.

Tri

Quote Originally Posted by triceretops
    Aruna, I just know and have been aware that the WMA is truly a whopper agency with many titles and successful authors. I think you hit gold here, and I'm pulling for you on this one. I mean, gad zooks, you must have done something right/write!

Got em crossed for ya, although it hurts.

Tri
    I think I just have a good query letter and the concept sounds good, as I've had several requests from good agencies. Remains to be seen if the ms is as good. I am trying hard to breathe normally and not think too far ahead; expect the worst and hope for the best, and that sort of thing. But thanks for all the crossing of various body parts!

I got the request only a day after my query, and heavens be blessed, he asked me to email it, and didn't ask for an exclusive.
    OUT NOW!
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Website
    Facebook

Do you know what you are? You are a manuscript of a divine letter. You are a mirror reflecting a noble face. This universe is not outside of you. Look inside yourself; everything that you want, you are already that ...
    ~ Rumi

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    Good luck, Aruna!

- Victoria

Moderator In Name Only AW Moderator Roger J Carlson's Avatar
    William Morris! Wow! All I can say is: wow!
    --Roger J. Carlson

Such a nasty woman SuperModerator Old Hack's Avatar
    Sharon, a friend of mine is an actor with the WMA. They are one of the big ones, and only take on the very, very best. Fingers tightly crossed for you. I hope they recognise your talent!

Congrats, Sharon and best wishes. WMA is one of the largest agencies in the US.

I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.
    -- Agatha Christie

The Pacific Between A Bunch of Stories
    (2006 IPPY Award)

WIP: Beyond the Banyan Tree - draft 9, 125,000 words

Home Page | Blog | Reviews

way to go! sending good vibes your way!

Dreamer of dreams, teller of tales Absolute Sage Susan Gable's Avatar
    Fingers crossed, Aruna! Sending good luck vibes your way!!!

Susan G.
    Susan Gable www.susangable.com
    As Good As His Word
    May 2011 - Harlequin Superromance
    The Family Plan - July 2010 Superromance

Your online computer-fixer-upper:
    www.PCWebDoc.com
    Fixing computers via the internet!

Print release:Sept.1,'09 Branwyn's Avatar
    Best of Luck!!!!!!
    The Hanging Tree-WIP
    Harvest Moon-WIP
    myspace.com/elladonna
    The Upside of Karma

practical experience, FTW PerditaDrury's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aruna
    I'm repped by WMA as a screenwriter/television producer... and it took an awful lot of credits before they brought me in.

WMA is one of the top five agencies in the USA, period. They are so big and powerful, they defy description. They have a New York branch that deals with books but I guarantee that they wouldn't show interest in you if they didn't think your work might show film potential too.

I know that writing for the screen was one of your goals and you've managed to interest the top dog. Congratulations are in order just for the request.

Bravo!
    "Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play?"

Learning to read more, post less

WMA

Offices in New York, Beverly Hills, Nashville, Miami, London, and Shanghai. Hard to beat this. I might be worried about getting lost in the shuffle, but, wow, what an opportunity.

Thanks to everyone, and I guess I posted this in the wrong forum. Whatever happens, it's so encouraging just to get that mail and to feel your suppport.
    OUT NOW!
    Amazon UK:

Amazon US:

Website
    Facebook

~ Rumi

figuring it all out
    aruna,
    WMA is big time. I'm pulling for you as are all the other folks at AW who you have helped.
    muggsie

A work in progress Saundra Julian's Avatar
    I'd like to add my congratulations too...way to go!
    Break a leg!

practical experience, FTW Toni1953's Avatar
    Everyone is right, WMA is big-time and best of luck to you!
    Toni
    Repped by Josh Getzler, HSG Literary
    Hey! My cat has his own blog! (Yes, Rocco blogs!) http://www.catsbooksmorecats.blogspot.com
    Out now: CLAWS FOR ALARM, the second Nick and Nora mystery
    coming December 2016: OF CRIME AND CATNIP

Same thing just happened to me, with JMan. And for six weeks it was a wonderful fantasy, thinking I might be represented by the William Morris Agency, even though what James says is probably true about getting lost.
    Then Charlotte the assistant wrote me an email declining the project--but saying they'd love to see my next.
    Hope you have better luck. In the meantime, get to work on the next.

practical experience, FTW Pisarz's Avatar
    Has anyone ever dealt with Suzanne Gluck? She's requested a full. I know she's top-notch and was just wondering if anyone has had any personal experiences to share. Thanks.

practical experience, FTW janetbellinger's Avatar
    That is so awesome. I submitted to them before Christmas but haven't heard back yet. Should I take that as a rejection or do they take longer to get back to you?
    Janet

Originality is nothing by judicious imitation. The most original writers borrowed one from another.
    Author:
    Voltaire

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    My rejection from him took four weeks.

William Morris

I noticed on the WMA website, that they ask you to send all submissions to Literary Department Coordinator. Would it be better to address a query to a specific agent, ie, Susan Gluck, or just use the generic, Dear Sir?

practical experience, FTW Pisarz's Avatar
    Definitely address a specific agent. If it's Suzanne Gluck, try an equery (it got me a request for a full--since declined).

Thanks Pisarz.

figuring it all out The Scribbler's Avatar
    I queried a specific agent but the rejection letter I received was from someone else. I think it is always better to query a specific agent within an agency thoug I am sure agencies as large as William Morris probably have a department that handles incoming queries so the agent you are interested in may never actually see it unfortunately.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast