The AW Amazon Store
Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Agent] Victoria Sanders & Associates, LLC

On a coffee fueled writing spree! CScottMorris's Avatar
    Queried Bernadette this mornings, and got a request for a full within two hours.
    My rather amateurish blog about Fantasy Lit, Steampunk, and the struggles of an aspiring author: CScottMorrisBooks.com Yeah, we don't have enough 'aspiring writer' blogs already, I have to add to that?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Any word on your full yet, CScottMorris?

practical experience, FTW

Radio silence

Any news for anyone?

I queried yesterday, and got a form R this morning. MG Mystery/Adventure
    Hearts Don't Break Quietly (YA)

too many trunked to count right now :0)

**WAR EAGLE**

Manuscript request

I queried this agency with my first novel (100k word YA) and got a request from Victoria Sanders four days later for my full manuscript. Fingers crossed! She said it would take 4-6 weeks for her to review. Will update if things move forward. So far, zero complaints!

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin Mypalal's Avatar

Wink

Queried Bernadette yesterday morning, received a form R within hours. Fastest rejection ever!

Did you query her directly or through the agency's general query address? I used their general and received a rejection. Also, does that preclude me from querying Bernadette directly?

here and there again
    Quote Originally Posted by Kmarshall View Post
    Did you query her directly or through the agency's general query address? I used their general and received a rejection. Also, does that preclude me from querying Bernadette directly?
    I queried Bernadette using the agency's general address in January and got a request the following day.

This agency requests a lot of full manuscripts and seems to be really serious about finding new clients. I was referred to Victoria Sanders by a current client and she was gracious enough to read my ms. She got back to me in just under six weeks. Unfortunately, she did not offer representation, but she seems like a quality agent.
    Creole Lady

Any news on requests at all?

practical experience, FTW LadyLex's Avatar
    Has anyone queried Tanya McKinnon lately? Sent my query off on 2/8/2011 and I am wondering what her response times are like.
    LadyLex

the owner of that flying laptop write2live's Avatar
    EQ- 3/3
    Request for full (from Bernadette)- 3/7

Submitted it that day and got a confirmation the following morning, saying "Thank you. Can't wait to give it a read." Okay, so maybe she says that to everyone, but anytime an agent includes the phrase "Can't wait," I get all giddy ) hehehe!
    Last edited by write2live; 03-09-2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added agent's name
    young adult writer
    www.angelavcook.com
    Into a Million Pieces (Red Adept Publishing, January 2015)

Just wanted to let everyone know I'll be hosting an interactive interview with Ms. Baker-Baughman on my blog this SATURDAY, March 19. If you have a question for Ms. Baker-Baughman, feel free to hop over. We'd love to see you there!

I'll be back that morning to post a direct link!
    THE SOUND OF LIFE AND EVERYTHING (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, May 2015)
    DON'T VOTE FOR ME (Sourcebooks Jabberwocky, August 2015)
    DON'T SOLVE THE PUZZLE (Bloomsbury Children's, Winter 2019)

www.kristavandolzer.blogspot.com

Here's that link:

http://motherwrite.blogspot.com/2011...ith-agent.html

Best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from her!
    THE SOUND OF LIFE AND EVERYTHING (G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers, May 2015)

Any responses on fulls lately? Still waiting on mine from December.

the owner of that flying laptop write2live's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emualde View Post
    Any responses on fulls lately? Still waiting on mine from December.
    I sent my full to Bernadette on 3/7 and just got my rejection today (4/16)
    young adult writer
    www.angelavcook.com
    Into a Million Pieces (Red Adept Publishing, January 2015)

At this point I'm not sure what's worst, the R or the wait.

Still waiting.

Just wanted to let everybody know where Ms. Baker-Baughman was at with queries, since she's generally a lightning-fast responder and hasn't been responding quite as quickly lately. Not surprisingly, they fell behind on queries during BEA and are still trying to catch up.

She's responded to every query sent BEFORE May 20, so if you sent your query before May 20 and still haven't heard back, YOU SHOULD RESEND, as they respond to every query. She's still working through the queries sent after May 20, but she'll try to get to them within the next week or so.

Sounds like they're trying to stay on top of the new queries coming in and then doing a little bit of catch-up every day as well, so if you queried in that last week of May (like me), you should be hearing back soon (even if some June queriers hear back before you).

Quote Originally Posted by Krista G. View Post
    Just wanted to let everybody know where Ms. Baker-Baughman was at with queries, since she's generally a lightning-fast responder and hasn't been responding quite as quickly lately. Not surprisingly, they fell behind on queries during BEA and are still trying to catch up.

She's responded to every query sent BEFORE May 20, so if you sent your query before May 20 and still haven't heard back, YOU SHOULD RESEND, as they respond to every query. She's still working through the queries sent after May 20, but she'll try to get to them within the next week or so.

Sounds like they're trying to stay on top of the new queries coming in and then doing a little bit of catch-up every day as well, so if you queried in that last week of May (like me), you should be hearing back soon (even if some June queriers hear back before you).
    Thanks Krista G. You wouldn't have happened to hear anything about submissions by any chance? I have been waiting on my R since december?

Thanks Krista G. You wouldn't have happened to hear anything about submissions by any chance? I have been waiting on my R since december?
    I'm sorry, Emualde, she didn't say anything about where she was at with requested material. You know, Ms. Baker-Baughman is really approachable and probably wouldn't mind a quick just-checking-in-on-the-status-of-my-manuscript e-mail.

Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Krista G. View Post
    I'm sorry, Emualde, she didn't say anything about where she was at with requested material. You know, Ms. Baker-Baughman is really approachable and probably wouldn't mind a quick just-checking-in-on-the-status-of-my-manuscript e-mail.

Best of luck.
    I tried a few times already and I am feeling like a pest mixed with a broken record. I just don't know what to do at this point. I closed that submission out but I would have loved to hear her thoughts regardless.

here and there again
    January, here!

figuring it all out soccerloves101's Avatar
    Sent my query late night before I went to sleep. Woke up at 10:30 and got an e-mail from Victoria, requesting a full.

Hope for the best

What happened, just there? Hedgetrimmer's Avatar
    I queried VS yesterday but haven't heard anything (yeah, I realize it's only been one day). I queried her twice in the past and received pretty speedy rejections -- about a week, if my memory serves me correctly.

I submitted a graphic novel query to her several months ago. She wanted to see the first couple of pages and the full script. At the time I had only one page of drawn art and I later found that the script was not even remotely formatted properly. She e-mailed back within a day saying she really liked the art but would need to see a further developed project before getting on board. Since than I have fully formatted the script, and should be getting the final art on the first twelve pages within a day or so. Obviously I have already got everything ready to send minus the artwork, and will do that as soon as I get it.

FYI: I contacted her via http://www.victoriasanders.com/ and for a graphic novel she wanted to see a full script, a synopsis, and 10 - 15 pages of finished artwork.

Wish me luck.
    www.throwthediceproductions.com

Twitter: @Robert_Lefebvre

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast