• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agent] Victoria Sanders & Associates, LLC

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Recovered:
06-15-2006, 06:48 PM
Jackie Andrews
Esteemed New Member

Victoria Sanders

Anybody have any information on this agency? Good, bad, neutral?

Thanks in advance!
06-15-2006, 07:45 PM
Cathy C
Dawnolite w/extra seasoning
Absolute Sage

Could you give us a little more information, please? Is that the name of the agency, or one of the agents? What city or state? I haven't heard of this person but with a bit more to go on, I could check.
06-15-2006, 07:55 PM
davidhburton
One of the Locals

I've never heard of her, but she has a good number of sales posted on publisher's marketplace. No red flags on the web site that I can see. Says she's been an agent for 10 years. Also, the following is posted on preditors and editors:

$ Recommended. a literary agency. (Victoria Sanders: Literary, Adult) "...represents writers of commercial and literary fiction and non-fiction. In addition to representing the publishing interests of its clients, VS&A cultivates speaking opportunities for its authors at colleges and universities, association meetings, and corporate events." The agency reports mail difficulties due to location (lower Manhattan) and volume. P&E recommends writers give sufficient time, 4 to 6 weeks, for responses.

Looks pretty legit.
06-16-2006, 06:30 AM
Daughter of Faulkner
Always a writer

A wonderful, well established, connected agent

Victoria Sanders is a fine agent.

Her assistant will filter your mss UNLESS she has phoned you and given you her personal instructions, etc. Your storyline and mss must be nothing less than crystal clear.

Keep writing!

06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless

Victoria Sanders & Associates, LLC

http://www.victoriasanders.com

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
Victoria Sanders

Has anyone worked with Victoria Sanders? What is she looking for? I got a request for a three week exclusive, but I haven't heard anything yet. Any insight?

Also has anyone worked with Writer's Rep, LLC

Arquebus

Registered
Reaction score
Queried January 12, rejected January 13 with form. I love the speed (if not the rejection).

Swamproot

Registered
Reaction score
Victoria Sanders

Queried the night of March 23, 2009, rejected the morning of March 24, 2009 with what appears to be a form. Most of her titles appear to be African-American related, with the noted exception of Karin Slaughter's mystery/thrillers, so if your work is African-American related, be sure to give her a try.

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
Ummmm...yeah.

Silly me, thinking a good story is a good story regardless of the author's color.

Hi there,
I had to smile when I read the above because I wasn't exactly referencing color, although that is a good one. V.S's stance on "unique voices" was quite broad and inclusive. I love AW and hope that everyone out there embraces what's unique about themselves and the stories that they are compelled to share.
Suzan

Last edited:

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
Suzan, when I read her "unique voices" I didn't see "Every voice is unique and has something to say" I saw "PC Preferred People Only".

And I'm with you--we are all unique, with unique takes on stories and the characters we love to share. It's one thing to say your taste & experiences are in a certain area, and quite another to tell people who don't fit your agenda to get lost.

In any event she doesn't represent what I write, so it's a moot point for me.

Suzan

Living the Dream...
Registered
Reaction score
This agent ultimately passed on my manuscript, but this agency was truly a pleasure to deal with. Promt, reliable and top-notch in my book.
Suzan

Greg Gutierrez

Author and Artist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.greggutierrez.com
[Agency] Victoria Sanders and Associates

The agency representing my debut novel, Mammoth Mountain is Victoria Sanders and Associates. I couldn't be happier with her agency. Her newest associate is Chris Kepner. He has been great about getting back to me with editorial direction and advice. He will be looking to build his list of writers some time in 2010. He will be looking at both fiction and nonfiction. He has a new blog called, The Writer's Advocate http://chriskepner.wordpress.com/

This is a fine opportunity to get to know Chris Kepner and his ideas about today's publishing. And who knows, maybe his agency Victoria Sanders and Associates will end up representing your work down the line.

Best,

Greg Gutierrez
www.greggutierrez.com

Giant Baby

Oh, the humanity.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
And soon to be merged with the existing Victoria Sanders thread, I suspect, where it can do the most good.

So glad you're happy, GG. That's always nice to hear!

Last edited:

Kitty27

So Goth That I Was Born Black
Registered
Reaction score
Victoria Sanders Agency

Has anyone heard of her?

A writer friend recommended her to me and all I can find is that she likes multi-cultural and African-American.

My books fits those categories,but it's also YA paranormal romance. I hate to query her without knowing if she likes this genre.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: Thanks for moving my question.

Good recommendations are all I need and query is on it's way.

Last edited:

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Got a form rejection today. It was a two days turnaround! :cry: Oh well, at least it was a response. :Shrug:

JessS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thelittleblondegirl.blogspot.com
Queried Victoria Sanders

Hi,
I'm a completely new poster to this forum and came across it looking for more information on Victoria Sanders.

I queried on 9/20 and received a response on 9/26.

All it said was "Please send."

Please send what?! Do I send a couple chapters? Do I send the whole thing? I don't see specifics on her website, Writer's Market, pred-ed, or anywhere. Arghh!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Hi,
I'm a completely new poster to this forum and came across it looking for more information on Victoria Sanders.

I queried on 9/20 and received a response on 9/26.

All it said was "Please send."

Please send what?! Do I send a couple chapters? Do I send the whole thing? I don't see specifics on her website, Writer's Market, pred-ed, or anywhere. Arghh!

:welcome:

If she didn't specify, I would send the whole thing. Usually agents are very specific when they only want to see a partial.

Congrats on the request! :D

Miss Plum

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I had a funny experience with Victoria Sanders. She rejected my query, but when a new agent (Chris Kepner) signed with her about a year later, I queried him directly. He told me his associates, Victoria Sanders and Bernadette Baker-Baughman -- who had also rejected my query through her own agency about a year earlier -- were interested, and would I please send?

Odd. Anyway, I'd already signed with someone else after I queried Mr. Kepner, so the matter was moot.

JessS

Registered
Reaction score
Website
thelittleblondegirl.blogspot.com
Well, I queried on the 20th, got a request on the 26th, sent via e-mail on the evening of the 27th, and got a mssg. from her on the afternoon of the 28th that just said "Thank you." Acknowledging receipt, I guess? I hope. Wonder how long 'til I hear something.

ETA - Got my reply a couple hours later. The big R, with a nice letter. Oh well!

Last edited:

Chumplet

This hat is getting too hot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chumpletwrites.blogspot.com
I found my form rejection on my partial from Bernadette sandwiched between a magazine and some junk mail while cleaning the living room. It must have arrived late last week but I hadn't checked the mail. #husbandfail