Buy books by AWers

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Agent] Victoria Sanders & Associates, LLC

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

[Agent] Victoria Sanders & Associates, LLC

Recovered:
    06-15-2006, 06:48 PM
    Jackie Andrews
    Esteemed New Member

Victoria Sanders

Anybody have any information on this agency? Good, bad, neutral?

Thanks in advance!
    06-15-2006, 07:45 PM
    Cathy C
    Dawnolite w/extra seasoning
    Absolute Sage

Could you give us a little more information, please? Is that the name of the agency, or one of the agents? What city or state? I haven't heard of this person but with a bit more to go on, I could check.
    06-15-2006, 07:55 PM
    davidhburton
    One of the Locals

I've never heard of her, but she has a good number of sales posted on publisher's marketplace. No red flags on the web site that I can see. Says she's been an agent for 10 years. Also, the following is posted on preditors and editors:

$ Recommended. a literary agency. (Victoria Sanders: Literary, Adult) "...represents writers of commercial and literary fiction and non-fiction. In addition to representing the publishing interests of its clients, VS&A cultivates speaking opportunities for its authors at colleges and universities, association meetings, and corporate events." The agency reports mail difficulties due to location (lower Manhattan) and volume. P&E recommends writers give sufficient time, 4 to 6 weeks, for responses.

Looks pretty legit.
    06-16-2006, 06:30 AM
    Daughter of Faulkner
    Always a writer

A wonderful, well established, connected agent

Victoria Sanders is a fine agent.

Her assistant will filter your mss UNLESS she has phoned you and given you her personal instructions, etc. Your storyline and mss must be nothing less than crystal clear.

Keep writing!

06-16-2006, 10:50 AM
    CaoPaux
    Mostly Harmless

Victoria Sanders & Associates, LLC

http://www.victoriasanders.com
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Smile Victoria Sanders

Has anyone worked with Victoria Sanders? What is she looking for? I got a request for a three week exclusive, but I haven't heard anything yet. Any insight?

Also has anyone worked with Writer's Rep, LLC

Writer Beware Goddess Absolute Sage victoriastrauss's Avatar
    One thread per agent, please. Desperateauthor, please post your question about Writer's Rep, LLC in a separate thread. Thanks!

- Victoria

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Queried January 12, rejected January 13 with form. I love the speed (if not the rejection).

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Victoria Sanders

Queried the night of March 23, 2009, rejected the morning of March 24, 2009 with what appears to be a form. Most of her titles appear to be African-American related, with the noted exception of Karin Slaughter's mystery/thrillers, so if your work is African-American related, be sure to give her a try.

Here's a link to an interview with Victoria Sanders that may interest. I think there's a lot to be gained from her perspective on "unique voices" in literature.
    http://www.absolutewrite.com/novels/...ia_sanders.htm
    Suzan

practical experience, FTW Khazarkhum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    Here's a link to an interview with Victoria Sanders that may interest. I think there's a lot to be gained from her perspective on "unique voices" in literature.
    http://www.absolutewrite.com/novels/...ia_sanders.htm
    Suzan
    Ummmm...yeah.

Silly me, thinking a good story is a good story regardless of the author's color.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazarkhum View Post
    Ummmm...yeah.

Silly me, thinking a good story is a good story regardless of the author's color.
    Hi there,
    I had to smile when I read the above because I wasn't exactly referencing color, although that is a good one. V.S's stance on "unique voices" was quite broad and inclusive. I love AW and hope that everyone out there embraces what's unique about themselves and the stories that they are compelled to share.
    Suzan
    Last edited by Suzan; 07-04-2009 at 06:53 PM.

practical experience, FTW Khazarkhum's Avatar
    Suzan, when I read her "unique voices" I didn't see "Every voice is unique and has something to say" I saw "PC Preferred People Only".

And I'm with you--we are all unique, with unique takes on stories and the characters we love to share. It's one thing to say your taste & experiences are in a certain area, and quite another to tell people who don't fit your agenda to get lost.

In any event she doesn't represent what I write, so it's a moot point for me.

This agent ultimately passed on my manuscript, but this agency was truly a pleasure to deal with. Promt, reliable and top-notch in my book.
    Suzan

Author and Artist

[Agency] Victoria Sanders and Associates

The agency representing my debut novel, Mammoth Mountain is Victoria Sanders and Associates. I couldn't be happier with her agency. Her newest associate is Chris Kepner. He has been great about getting back to me with editorial direction and advice. He will be looking to build his list of writers some time in 2010. He will be looking at both fiction and nonfiction. He has a new blog called, The Writer's Advocate http://chriskepner.wordpress.com/

This is a fine opportunity to get to know Chris Kepner and his ideas about today's publishing. And who knows, maybe his agency Victoria Sanders and Associates will end up representing your work down the line.

Best,

Greg Gutierrez
    www.greggutierrez.com

Around and About SuperModerator Birol's Avatar
    Where I hang my hat... when I can find my hat.
    I'm moving this from Novels to B&BC.

And soon to be merged with the existing Victoria Sanders thread, I suspect, where it can do the most good.

So glad you're happy, GG. That's always nice to hear!
    Last edited by Giant Baby; 11-23-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: deleting erratic u
    Moral of the story: Soy yogurt is evil and don't cross picketlines. -Twizzle

practical experience, FTW jeseymour's Avatar
    Lightning fast. Sent a query to Chris Kepner yesterday, got a form rejection today.
    http://jeseymour.com
    Out now from Barking Rain Press:
    Lead Poisoning (2nd ed.) - Things go wrong when a fugitive mob troubleshooter retires to New Hampshire to live with his family.
    Stress Fractures - Kevin Markinson, injured escaping from prison, taken hostage with a teenage boy and surrounded by law enforcement, discovers that everybody has a breaking point.
    Frostbite - a bumbling gang of Rhode Island mobsters get more than they bargained for when they kidnap an aging assassin.

So Goth That I Was Born Black Kitty27's Avatar

Victoria Sanders Agency

Has anyone heard of her?

A writer friend recommended her to me and all I can find is that she likes multi-cultural and African-American.

My books fits those categories,but it's also YA paranormal romance. I hate to query her without knowing if she likes this genre.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ETA: Thanks for moving my question.

Good recommendations are all I need and query is on it's way.
    Last edited by Kitty27; 04-02-2010 at 05:52 AM.
    Tupac Shakur,the greatest rapper of all time,is now in the National Recording Registry

NIGHT CALLS(Finally have a title! )YA Paranormal Romance/YA Novel Coming 2015.(FINALLY.)
    Chocolate&Coffee are necessary for a happy life.

"You've got to stop with this rap crap,Kitty. Put on some blues,gal! Feel that pain,soul and a good old time. Get with some Howling Wolf,Denise LaSalle and Johnny Taylor. Not that Snoopy boy or whatever his name is."
    RC Wilcox,RIP

I queried back in Feb. Still nothing.
    The Effigies Series (YA Superhero Fantasy/Simon Pulse)
    FATE OF FLAMES (Book #1) coming November 22, 2016
    Add on: Goodreads

Purchase Links and Synopsis

Feather Bound (YA Magical Realism/Strange Chemistry Books/Spring 2014):
    *Now available.*
    Add on: Goodreads
    Purchase Links and Sample Chapter

My twitter is real.

As is my website!

USA Today Bestselling Author Jamiekswriter's Avatar
    Got a form rejection today. It was a two days turnaround! Oh well, at least it was a response.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin JessS's Avatar

Question Queried Victoria Sanders

Hi,
    I'm a completely new poster to this forum and came across it looking for more information on Victoria Sanders.

I queried on 9/20 and received a response on 9/26.

All it said was "Please send."

Please send what?! Do I send a couple chapters? Do I send the whole thing? I don't see specifics on her website, Writer's Market, pred-ed, or anywhere. Arghh!

Ships full of vampires are hell. AW Moderator amergina's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JessS View Post
    Hi,
    I'm a completely new poster to this forum and came across it looking for more information on Victoria Sanders.

I queried on 9/20 and received a response on 9/26.

All it said was "Please send."

Please send what?! Do I send a couple chapters? Do I send the whole thing? I don't see specifics on her website, Writer's Market, pred-ed, or anywhere. Arghh!

If she didn't specify, I would send the whole thing. Usually agents are very specific when they only want to see a partial.

Congrats on the request!

Quote Originally Posted by amergina View Post

If she didn't specify, I would send the whole thing. Usually agents are very specific when they only want to see a partial.

Congrats on the request!
    Thanks, amergina.

See that you're in the 'Burgh - I was born there! Yay Stillers!

Sockpuppet
    I had a funny experience with Victoria Sanders. She rejected my query, but when a new agent (Chris Kepner) signed with her about a year later, I queried him directly. He told me his associates, Victoria Sanders and Bernadette Baker-Baughman -- who had also rejected my query through her own agency about a year earlier -- were interested, and would I please send?

Odd. Anyway, I'd already signed with someone else after I queried Mr. Kepner, so the matter was moot.

Well, I queried on the 20th, got a request on the 26th, sent via e-mail on the evening of the 27th, and got a mssg. from her on the afternoon of the 28th that just said "Thank you." Acknowledging receipt, I guess? I hope. Wonder how long 'til I hear something.

ETA - Got my reply a couple hours later. The big R, with a nice letter. Oh well!
    Last edited by JessS; 10-03-2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: ETA info
    "If there is a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, you must be the one to write it." - Toni Morrison

This hat is getting too hot Chumplet's Avatar
    I found my form rejection on my partial from Bernadette sandwiched between a magazine and some junk mail while cleaning the living room. It must have arrived late last week but I hadn't checked the mail. #husbandfail

Tell me to leave. Please. honeysock's Avatar
    Sorry about the R, Chumplet. Are we mixing social medias today? ; ) #justkidding

This hat is getting too hot Chumplet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by honeysock View Post
    Sorry about the R, Chumplet. Are we mixing social medias today? ; ) #justkidding
    Those hashtags are so handy and all-encompassing. I might use them in all my correspondence! LOL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast