AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: DLSIJ Press

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

DLSIJ Press

Recovered most of it:
    Yesterday, 09:55 AM
    PaperMoon
    One of the Locals

DLSIJ Press

---------------------------------------------------

Didn't see them in the index. Anyone have any information?

Thanks in advance!
    Yesterday, 10:01 AM
    James D. Macdonald
    Dawnolite Sparklecow
    Absolute Sage

http://dlsijpress.com/

Never mind finding them in the index -- can you find them in your local bookstore?
    Yesterday, 03:17 PM
    Berry

Quote:
    Originally Posted by James D. Macdonald
    Never mind finding them in the index -- can you find them in your local bookstore?
    Borders has a nifty feature that lets you seach store inventories on line. I selected a number of stores near me, and then searched for five of DLSIJ's authors -- the new releases and the first three others in their list.

Most were listed as "Order" meaning the store would order it for me, but it wasn't in stock.

But at least the front page of the DLSIJ site is aimed at SELLING BOOKS.
    Yesterday, 03:23 PM
    PaperMoon
    One of the Locals

Thanks, Berry. My "local" bookstore consists of about thirty shelves of used books (organized by something I haven't yet figured out), and some comic books.

Otherwise, I have to drive an hour to get to a real bookstore.

I'm not even kidding. But at least my neighbor's chickens are entertaining.
    Yesterday, 03:46 PM
    veinglory
    heifericious
    Mod Squad Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Berry
    Borders has a nifty feature that lets you seach store inventories on line. I selected a number of stores near me, and then searched for five of DLSIJ's authors -- the new releases and the first three others in their list.

Most were listed as "Order" meaning the store would order it for me, but it wasn't in stock.

But at least the front page of the DLSIJ site is aimed at SELLING BOOKS.
    Um, that feature brings up 4-5 of my *ebooks* which borders could not concievably sell to anyone -- so I don't think it means much.
    Yesterday, 05:09 PM
    James D. Macdonald
    Dawnolite Sparklecow
    Absolute Sage

I think that if you get "Order" that means "Yep, it's a valid ISBN."
    Yesterday, 06:42 PM
    Jesstears2u
    Esteemed New Member

I know this is going to seem like a bonehead question, but I have to ask...I checked the press listed and I am going to query them, but they want to know a marketing plan. Now,shouldn't that be there job or are they asking to see if I'm on top of things?

Grazie.
    Yesterday, 07:29 PM
    Josie
    Board fanatic

Hi everyone:

Found this for you on www.passionatepen.com under their Romantic e-publishers section. Hope it helps.

DLSIJ Press -- Electronic Press which claims to offer women's books by female authors, including romance. They do offer submission guidelines. Update: Check the Piers Anthony site for complaints.

Looks like they need submissions pretty soon!!! Write on!!
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Still alive; currently closed to submissions.
    ICAO
    ---------

Censorship always defeats its own purpose, for it creates in the end the kind of society that is incapable of exercising real discretion. -- Henry Steele Commager
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

I had a story included in one of their anthologies years and years ago, proceeds went to charity. I remember they did have brisk sales.

A google search sent me to this website: http://dlsijpress.com/ which is just coming up as a blank page.

So I tried to find books for sale by this company, and got this: http://booksidea.info/Ebooks-From-Dlsij-Press/

Which is a page that simply reads:
    HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden

Hmm. Most subpages are still there, so they could just be in the throes of updating the site.
    ICAO
    ---------

Well, the sub-pages are coming up blank now, too. Calling it defunct.
    ICAO
    ---------