Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Teri Woods Publishing

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar

Teri Woods Publishing

06-09-2006, 08:51 AM
    cowboy
    Esteemed New Member

Terrie Woods Publishing

Hello! I'm looking for feedback on Terrie Woods Publishing. It's a minority house, based in NYC, I believe. Much appreciated!

Cowboy.
    06-09-2006, 11:10 AM
    CaoPaux
    Mostly Harmless

Teri Woods Publishing

http://teriwoodspublishing.com/main.html

The errors throughout the website do not inspire confidence.

Eric Enck posted on AW a while back, and claimed some success with them (sales around 8,000, IIRC). He had a fan base to draw on, though.

Have you seen the books in stores?
    06-09-2006, 02:29 PM
    Maryn
    Bru-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-uce!

"Any manuscript that is forwarded to the company must be in its entirety, typed and double-spaced on regular 8 x 10 paper."

Cowboy, by the time you've trimmed a half-inch off the width and an inch off the length of every page of your manuscript, you'll wish you'd found someplace else that accepted unsolicited manuscripts, guaranteed.

Maryn, who sees negatives but no positives at the website
    06-09-2006, 02:41 PM
    James D. Macdonald
    Dawnolite Sparklecow
    Absolute Sage

African-american oriented small press. Completely legitimate, as far as I'm aware.
    06-09-2006, 02:42 PM
    Popeyesays
    Board fanatic

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maryn
    "Any manuscript that is forwarded to the company must be in its entirety, typed and double-spaced on regular 8 x 10 paper."

Cowboy, by the time you've trimmed a half-inch off the width and an inch off the length of every page of your manuscript, you'll wish you'd found someplace else that accepted unsolicited manuscripts, guaranteed.

Maryn, who sees negatives but no positives at the website
    Just for grins and giggles I sent in a query on their web mail form. I asked if they truly meant 8X10" paper and told them that to get such a size, one would have to buy 8.5X11" paper and have it trimmed to size.

Scott
    06-10-2006, 06:31 PM
    Tilly
    Board fanatic

Here's a Salon article:

http://dir.salon.com/story/books/fea...dex1.html?pn=1
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Nothing 'cept Kindle editions of owner's prev. books since '13 (and none of those after '14).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017: