• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Retailer] Think All Publishing, LLC

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
06-08-2006, 02:55 PM
veinglory
heifericious
Mod Squad Member

BEWARE Thinkall ("free" sotware)

I believe I got the original referral from these the abwrite forums somewhere. The apparent deal is that you get free software for the price of shipping only.

Okay, I was scammed. In the fine print is a $49 per month membership fee it took me two months to notice (plus the insufficient funds fee this unexpected withdrawal cost me).

Thinkall, think again

regards,

Emily
(feeling very foolish)
06-08-2006, 04:50 PM
veinglory
heifericious
Mod Squad Member

Hmm. After twice refusing a refund over the phone (one a conference call with my bank) I now have an email saying they will refund the charge.
06-12-2006, 12:45 PM
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless

Think All Publishing, LLC

Gee, they're a mite un-obvious aren't they? Unless a reader catches the references to payment in the testimonials, one needs to read the Terms of Use for the website to find any clue this is a "club".

Quote:
7. Membership and Billing. THINK ALL provides numerous products, services, and software in connection with its business. With respect to software provided hereunder, there is a non-refundable shipping and handling fee for the initial complete four CD software set. You may keep any two CD’s free of charge. The other two CD’s are yours to review during a ten day trial period. If for any reason you decide the complete set is not for you, simply visit us at www.thinkall.com/freeCD.html before your ten day free trial expires. You will need to follow the instructions at such web link to indicate your intention to return two of the CD’s, and you will not be charged for the complete four CD set. If you elect to keep all four CD’s or you otherwise fail to comply with the foregoing instructions, you will be billed the discounted price of $24.95 (which is up to 80% off the store price) for each of the other two CD’s. Every four to five weeks, you will receive four new THINK ALL software CD’s based on your preferences with the same ten day trial terms as your first shipment described above. You may discontinue shipments any time by visiting our web site at http://www.thinkall.com/freeCD.html, for more information and filling out the appropriate cancellation information therein contained.
06-12-2006, 02:35 PM
veinglory
heifericious
Mod Squad Member

I got caught, mea culpa -- but they sure are hiding those terms. I did get my money back. My adivce for all online deals, use a credit card, follow your statements, if it goes bad involve the 'disputed charges' staff at your bank.
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless

Very glad to hear you got your money back. I'll bet they count on most folks to just pay for the "gotcha!" batch before canceling.
06-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Joanie
Esteemed New Member

Think All Publishing runs a scam to rip off unsuspecting folks who sign up for a "free" software CD. You will receive monthly unsolicited crappy CDs for eternity at $49.95 per month charged to your credit card. By the way, your money is non-refundable. They will never send you anything that suggests they are slurping cash out of your credit card. They are wholly and fully deceitful.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I guess I did pretty well in getting my money back -- for anyone else, involve your bank at the first opportunity.

Abby1100NY

Hidden terms

I can't believe how thinkall has hidden the charges. I'm investigating the company and their actions. I'm interested in hearing more about others' experiences with Think All Publishing. Please email me if you're interested in sharing.

Thanks,
abby

[email protected]

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like they crumbled under an avalanche of complaints. One down, X-1 to go.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
I got more money back from the Federal Trade Comission suit against Think All--I am not sure but think I may even have made a profit on this scam : /