• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Panic Ventures, Inc. / Panic Productions (Daniel Farrands)

kevacho

Registered
Reaction score
Victoria, let me know if I should post this elsewhere?

I have a screenplay that Mr. Farrands is interested in reading. I got this lead through inktip.com. My question is... does anyone know of this gentleman and his production company? And if so, what have you heard? The only credits I can gleen are writing credits. And I am understandably nervous about sending MY writing to another writer.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Kevin Michael Vance
www.kevacho.com

Berry

Registered
Reaction score
Well, he has an entry in imdb.com with writing, producing and directing credits. I am not a screenwriter but he seems legit to me.

Aconite

Registered
Reaction score
Berry, there's "legit," as in "not a scammer," and then there's "effective," as in "can actually get something done with your script." The two are not synonymous. Somebody doesn't have to be out to scam you in order to hose you up, or just to do a job that's not very good.

Berry

Registered
Reaction score
Sure, that's a good point, and I don't know enough of the film industry to know if this guy is good or not, but he does seem to have some real achievements. Absent any further info, I'd guess Kevin should approach Mr. Farrands with cautious optimism.

alexandra6

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.hauntingholzer.com
On Daniel Farrands

My father personally worked with him and I have just connected with him. He is down to earth and a very nice man with great synergy truly making up for the many in Hollywood quite the opposite at times.

He gets it and has been playing the game for awhile.

The strike is starting Monday so this is not good for him and many, many others.

Many directors and producers are also writers first and foremost, so, by registering your material with the WGA and researching, is the best way. And sometimes, unfortunately s--- happens as this business can get pretty hairy! As with anything in life I suppose and in any industry.

It is an honor to know him and hopefully work with him someday if that is meant to be.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Alexandra Holzer
http://www.hauntingholzer.com

Jennifer Robins

paranormal interest
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenniferrobins.com
I have two scripts listed with Ink tip and since the first of the year, there have been three producers ask for my script to read, but so far nothing has come of it. There is a long list of veiwing of my log lines also.

Jennifer Robins
www.jenniferrobins.com

alexandra6

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.hauntingholzer.com
Hi Jennifer,

I also recently joined Inktip and many log lines read so far but that's it. I feel that even that is better then nothing while you try to make other connections in the industry.

What I am learning is this, aside from the difficulties and time frames involved of having success for a script to be optioned, it's even more important just to make those IP connections.

One producer has taught me so much in such a short time keeping within the perseverance guidelines. I have my new book due out 2/28 with a well-known documentary filmmaker in LA with whom I have been conversing with for 3 months.

So, in a neat little ball, I surmised the business of selling your work is many avenues including posting at a site like Inktip, e-mails, phone calls, connecting to IP's and a huge amount of patience! I lose in that department being a typical Aries! LOL!

Keep going as I wish you all the best.

Alexandra
http://www.hauntingholzer.com

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Just a note that the studio name is Panic Ventures, Inc. dba Panic Productions.

Panic Productions, Inc. is a promotional gewgaw company (a la The Original Mini Golf Towel[SUP]TM[/SUP]).

alexandra6

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.hauntingholzer.com
Thanks but he still uses Panic Productions as I have his e-mail which he personally gave me via phone. This is not listed and actually uses ShadowBox Entertainment and his reps agency which is Reade Agency.

Peace,

Alexandra

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Huh? I'm not saying he doesn't use "Panic Productions". I'm saying that the name of his company is not "Panic Productions, Inc." A trivial difference to most, but important when researching companies; especially when there are Panic Productions.coms, LLCs, & Ltds from here to Australia.

alexandra6

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.hauntingholzer.com
Yes, you are correct as far as searching via google etc., I think it is a bit confusing but for whatever reason he uses Panic Productions still, maybe just not for commercial purposes. But, if anyone was looking for him they could by the updates I submitted if not a member on the IMDbpro. Google though is pretty good just the same.

Peace,

Alexandra