Buy books by AWers

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Panic Ventures, Inc. / Panic Productions (Daniel Farrands)

figuring it all out

Panic Ventures, Inc. / Panic Productions (Daniel Farrands)

Victoria, let me know if I should post this elsewhere?

I have a screenplay that Mr. Farrands is interested in reading. I got this lead through inktip.com. My question is... does anyone know of this gentleman and his production company? And if so, what have you heard? The only credits I can gleen are writing credits. And I am understandably nervous about sending MY writing to another writer.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,
    Kevin Michael Vance
    www.kevacho.com

practical experience, FTW Berry's Avatar
    Well, he has an entry in imdb.com with writing, producing and directing credits. I am not a screenwriter but he seems legit to me.

Gone
    Berry, there's "legit," as in "not a scammer," and then there's "effective," as in "can actually get something done with your script." The two are not synonymous. Somebody doesn't have to be out to scam you in order to hose you up, or just to do a job that's not very good.
    Winner of Uncle Jim's Whoo Hoo Super Writer Award and Nomad's Most Use of Vowels in a Screen Name Award as well as Maryn's Only Person on AW Whose Name Anagrams to "I, Octane," "Act I (One)" and "Nice tao" Award in addition to batgirl's Culpeper Award for Botanically Erudite Screen Name plus awatkins' AW's Most Creative Srounger [sic] of Rep Points Award not to mention azbikergirl's Arizona Most Awarded Writer Award and also Dawno's Most Interesting Signature Line Award

practical experience, FTW Berry's Avatar
    Sure, that's a good point, and I don't know enough of the film industry to know if this guy is good or not, but he does seem to have some real achievements. Absent any further info, I'd guess Kevin should approach Mr. Farrands with cautious optimism.

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    Have you heard anything from Daniel Farrands?

New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin
    I know he wrote Halloween 6.

figuring it all out

Smile On Daniel Farrands

My father personally worked with him and I have just connected with him. He is down to earth and a very nice man with great synergy truly making up for the many in Hollywood quite the opposite at times.

He gets it and has been playing the game for awhile.

The strike is starting Monday so this is not good for him and many, many others.

Many directors and producers are also writers first and foremost, so, by registering your material with the WGA and researching, is the best way. And sometimes, unfortunately s--- happens as this business can get pretty hairy! As with anything in life I suppose and in any industry.

It is an honor to know him and hopefully work with him someday if that is meant to be.

Thanks.

Kind regards,

Alexandra Holzer
    http://www.hauntingholzer.com

paranormal interest Jennifer Robins's Avatar
    I have two scripts listed with Ink tip and since the first of the year, there have been three producers ask for my script to read, but so far nothing has come of it. There is a long list of veiwing of my log lines also.

Jennifer Robins
    www.jenniferrobins.com

figuring it all out
    Hi Jennifer,

I also recently joined Inktip and many log lines read so far but that's it. I feel that even that is better then nothing while you try to make other connections in the industry.

What I am learning is this, aside from the difficulties and time frames involved of having success for a script to be optioned, it's even more important just to make those IP connections.

One producer has taught me so much in such a short time keeping within the perseverance guidelines. I have my new book due out 2/28 with a well-known documentary filmmaker in LA with whom I have been conversing with for 3 months.

So, in a neat little ball, I surmised the business of selling your work is many avenues including posting at a site like Inktip, e-mails, phone calls, connecting to IP's and a huge amount of patience! I lose in that department being a typical Aries! LOL!

Keep going as I wish you all the best.

Alexandra
    http://www.hauntingholzer.com

Mostly Harmless SuperModerator CaoPaux's Avatar
    Just a note that the studio name is Panic Ventures, Inc. dba Panic Productions.

Panic Productions, Inc. is a promotional gewgaw company (a la The Original Mini Golf TowelTM).
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

II 2016: 2017:

figuring it all out
    Thanks but he still uses Panic Productions as I have his e-mail which he personally gave me via phone. This is not listed and actually uses ShadowBox Entertainment and his reps agency which is Reade Agency.

Peace,

Alexandra

Huh? I'm not saying he doesn't use "Panic Productions". I'm saying that the name of his company is not "Panic Productions, Inc." A trivial difference to most, but important when researching companies; especially when there are Panic Productions.coms, LLCs, & Ltds from here to Australia.
    ICAO
    ---------
    Achievers strive for excellence. Perfectionists drive themselves to extinction. -- A Grapple A Day
    I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

figuring it all out
    Yes, you are correct as far as searching via google etc., I think it is a bit confusing but for whatever reason he uses Panic Productions still, maybe just not for commercial purposes. But, if anyone was looking for him they could by the updates I submitted if not a member on the IMDbpro. Google though is pretty good just the same.

Peace,

Alexandra

Not particularly significant, but I found this interesting/amusing in a "how Hollywood works" vein: http://www.pr.com/press-release/187569
    ICAO
    ---------