Daddy, will you buy me a new car?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I just wonder when she'll check her email and find out. The suspense is killing me. :e2thud:

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Haggis said:
Hope she didn't have her heart set on a Beemer.
Me too!

BIKE%20BOT%20BEEMER%20ADVENTURE%202.jpg

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
Money was always tight growing up, but I was blessed to have parents willing to give my sister and me a leg up. They bought both of us used cars. I got my Taurus in 1998 (it's a '96 Jelly Bean shaped GL). They finished paying for it in early 2003 and put the title in my name that April. It's been my car for three years. It's a nice feeling, and a wonderful present.

The car has 144,000 miles on it, and needs a good $3000 in work done, but I can't seem to trade it in. I'd rather do the work over time, in small increments, and keep it until it dies. That car took me from Delaware to California and back, has been with me through four years of college, and three years on my own.

Spooky, I hope your daughter recognizes this car for the gift that it is.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
chaostitan said:
Money was always tight growing up, but I was blessed to have parents willing to give my sister and me a leg up. They bought both of us used cars. I got my Taurus in 1998 (it's a '96 Jelly Bean shaped GL). They finished paying for it in early 2003 and put the title in my name that April. It's been my car for three years. It's a nice feeling, and a wonderful present.

The car has 144,000 miles on it, and needs a good $3000 in work done, but I can't seem to trade it in. I'd rather do the work over time, in small increments, and keep it until it dies. That car took me from Delaware to California and back, has been with me through four years of college, and three years on my own.

Spooky, I hope your daughter recognizes this car for the gift that it is.
Chaostitan, I am sure she will. I guess many of us here didn't have any real help with cars and college while we were growing up. I think you are lucky to have parents who could help you when the time was right. Both my daughters are in college at the moment (four more years or ??) and they need all the help possible. Plus they are so cute!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Happy daughter just read her email and found out. Bummer that she also broke up with her boyfriend yesterday. Poor kid.

Daddy are you kidding???!!!! I can’t see the picture but you just gave me the best birthday ever!! Jeff and I just broke up yesterday and I thought I was going to have the worst birthday but you just changed that. Thank you soooooooooo much! And we are going to have a great week! I can’t wait to see you and Ryan! I love you very much!
Love,
cari

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
JennaGlatzer said:
Awww, what a cute letter. :)
Thanks Jenna! But the poor kid is bawling her eyes out at work because she just broke up with her boyfriend. :cry: I'm trying to help her, but what she really needs is to spend time with her girlfriends just talking about "him". A dad can only do so much....

I just completely embarrassed myself in front of my GM at work. He asked me how I was doing because he knows Jeff and I broke up and I just started crying and had to walk away. Nice hah?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that is really nice to buy your daughter a car.

Personally, I had to buy my own first car. I paid $1000 for it in 1980. But it was all MINE!

As to how my son ended up with his first car? My husband bought it for me. Yup. He just decided to usurp it.

Status
Not open for further replies.