• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Andrea Hurst & Associates Literary Management

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome, foliogal! Thanks for taking the time to read the interview. In other news...

Queried Ms. Motter 1/13
Partial request (20 pages) received 1/13
Partial sent 1/14
Additional pages (next 100 plus synopsis and bio) requested 1/20!

YA science fiction

She even made that last request on my birthday. How nice is that? :)

Congrats, Krista, and good luck! And thanks for posting another excellent interview. I'm still waiting to hear from her on my partial, with fingers crossed.

Doc

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, Krista! Fingers crossed that this request leads to bigger and better things for you. And happy belated birthday!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Dr. Johnson and foliogal, for the well wishes, and you're welcome for the interview!

neener

Cleaning is overrated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janinesclayson.blogspot.com
So, I don't have a PM subscription, (and I know I probably should) but does anyone know if they've sold any fiction? All I see on the website and from what I've been able to glean is non-fiction.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
So, I don't have a PM subscription, (and I know I probably should) but does anyone know if they've sold any fiction? All I see on the website and from what I've been able to glean is non-fiction.

Not every deal is listed on PM, but in past 2 years--
- mystery / crime (Amberley and Andrea)
- paranormal / UF (Amberley)

Last edited:

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Ms. Motter on Thursday. Mine's a contemporary fantasy. Got great feedback from FinePrint and Sandford Greenburger. I revised and resent to them. No luck elsewhere. Can't figure out why those two big agencies liked it enough to ask for the full, but the smaller ones don't. Too specialized perhaps?

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
Vickie Motter just sent me an "r". Here are the TAT stats:

Queried: 1/5/11
20 pg. Partial requested: 1/12
Rejected: 1/24

Doc

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Vickie Motter just sent me an "r". Here are the TAT stats:

Queried: 1/5/11
20 pg. Partial requested: 1/12
Rejected: 1/24

Doc

Sorry about the rejection, Dr. Johnson. Seems like you've had some pretty good interest, though. Here's hoping someone else falls in love :)

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
I know. I guess I was just trying to find some humor in it.

I got the same form "r" on my partial. The "at this time" is superfluous. Just a plain "Not interested" would have been better. But then, she's a new agent. Maybe, with time and practice, she'll improve her form rejection.

Doc

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I heard the agency is rated as Not Recommended on P&E. Anyone know why?

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I heard the agency is rated as Not Recommended on P&E. Anyone know why?

Tuuli, I suspect, as several others pointed out on the previous page, that it's probably because Andrea Hurst & Associates also offers editorial and marketing services to non-client writers.

However, I asked Vickie Motter about that directly in the interview I did with her last week (http://motherwrite.blogspot.com/2011/01/interview-with-agent-vickie-motter.html), and her answer was sufficient, I thought. While they offer these services to non-client writers, they are completely upfront about it, and they never mix hats at all. For instance, I've queried agents there several times, and they've never steered me toward their editorial services.

Hope that helps.

Tuuli

Research Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Krista. I'd actually read the interview the day it went up and had a feeling that's why the question was asked. A friend of mine had a partial with Vickie, which was rejected, and Vickie never mentioned the "services".

I received a 50 page request from her. So it's nice to know I don't have to cross her off my list until after the rejection. ;)

angelfrancis

I got this!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
You're welcome, foliogal! Thanks for taking the time to read the interview. In other news...

Queried Ms. Motter 1/13
Partial request (20 pages) received 1/13
Partial sent 1/14
Additional pages (next 100 plus synopsis and bio) requested 1/20!

YA science fiction

She even made that last request on my birthday. How nice is that? :)

Wow, Krista you are on a roll

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
I queried on 1/13/11. Got a partial request for 20 pages on 1/20/11. Hang in there KMarshall! :D

Jamiekswriter

USA Today Bestselling Author
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jkschmidt.com
Vickie asked for the 1st 100 pages, a synopsis and an author's bio yesterday! (She had previously asked for 20 pages). ::fingers crossed::

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Vickie asked for the 1st 100 pages, a synopsis and an author's bio yesterday! (She had previously asked for 20 pages). ::fingers crossed::

That's fantastic, Jamiekswriter!

I'm still waiting to hear back on the second partial (next 100 pages) I sent to her on 1/20. Judging by the responses here and elsewhere, I figure it won't be long. (Although, now that people who submitted before and after me have gotten responses, I'm starting to worry my submission didn't make it there, of course. But I'm sure it's nothing. Probably. Maybe...)