• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Andrea Hurst & Associates Literary Management

Sleigh88

;)
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Vickie Motter on 12/28. I know it's only been a few days, of course, but I was just wondering if anyone's heard back from her that queried 12/28 or later. I'm always paranoid that my query will get lost in cyberspace, and she seems to have pretty quick response times (although I'm sure that's partially because she's new and hasn't yet built up sheer volumes of queries--maybe she got absolutely inundated on 12/28).

Wow, that was rambly. Anyhow, good luck, everyone! :)

MDavis

The Brunette She-Ra
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Sleigh,

I just queried Vickie Motter today (1/3) so I'll let you know what/when I hear back. Queried her on a YA Fantasy. It's hard to target her specific interests right now because there are so few interviews with her on the web, but her blog is good. We'll see :)

SeymourPats

Registered
Reaction score
Sleigh, I also queried Ms. Motter on 1/3. I'll let you know when I hear back. Good luck!

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Vickie Motter on 12/28. I know it's only been a few days, of course, but I was just wondering if anyone's heard back from her that queried 12/28 or later. I'm always paranoid that my query will get lost in cyberspace, and she seems to have pretty quick response times (although I'm sure that's partially because she's new and hasn't yet built up sheer volumes of queries--maybe she got absolutely inundated on 12/28).

Wow, that was rambly. Anyhow, good luck, everyone! :)

Sleigh, based on QueryTracker's numbers, it looks like she's answered most everything through December 27 but stopped at December 28. (The same thing always seems to happen to me :) ) Looks like you're next in line to receive a response.

Sleigh88

;)
Registered
Reaction score
Sleigh, based on QueryTracker's numbers, it looks like she's answered most everything through December 27 but stopped at December 28. (The same thing always seems to happen to me :) ) Looks like you're next in line to receive a response.

I hope so! :)

Yeah, I'd actually been haunting her QueryTracker page for signs of movement and saw those stats. Seems like she's getting caught up with her material requests before jumping back in, I guess!

MDavis

The Brunette She-Ra
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Krista, I just wanted to thank you for all those great interviews you've posted on your Mother.Write blog. I always wonder how you get those (really, how do you?) but I'm always excited when I google an agent and see that agent did an interview on your blog, because know I'm going to get some great insights :)

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Krista, I just wanted to thank you for all those great interviews you've posted on your Mother.Write blog. I always wonder how you get those (really, how do you?) but I'm always excited when I google an agent and see that agent did an interview on your blog, because know I'm going to get some great insights :)

You're welcome, MDavis, and thank you for all your kind words. Several people have asked about the interviews in recent months, so I wrote this blog post about it. Here's the short answer, though: I asked, and they said yes :)

Oh, and never fear - I've already sunk my claws into Ms. Motter :) I should have her interview up sometime in the next month or so.

Sleigh88

;)
Registered
Reaction score
Hi again, folks! Got a partial request (first 50 pages) from Vickie Motter today. Yay! :)

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Just discovered her, and sent a query today (1/6). :)

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Someone mentioned it above, but no one answered. Just wondering what the deal is with the P&E rating. Anyone know what's going on?

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Someone mentioned it above, but no one answered. Just wondering what the deal is with the P&E rating. Anyone know what's going on?

Could be something about their "Author Services" where they offer book evaluations, coaching, packaging services, etc...to authors they don't rep. It's all clearly stated on their website. It looks like they keep these services separate from agenting.

MDavis

The Brunette She-Ra
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and never fear - I've already sunk my claws into Ms. Motter :) I should have her interview up sometime in the next month or so.

Oooooh. Looking forward to it! And go you on the initiative. :D

Dr. Johnson

Registered
Reaction score
Vickie Motter just requested a partial for my Adult Darkly Humorous Paranormal, sez I with crossed fingers. :)

Here's the TAT.

Queried. 1/5/11
Partial requested. 1/12/11

Doc

tweetybird

Registered
Reaction score
I mailed them regarding one of their author services. Here is the reply:

For the First Fifty service for a novel, we charge $500 to review
the first 50 manuscript pages, up to a two page synopsis, an author bio and a query letter, and the service includes a phone consult to go over edits, suggestions and marketability. If you are interested, we send you a work agreement and ask for 1/2 of the payment up front and 1/2 at completion of the work. From the time we receive you payment and manuscript materials, the turn around time is usually 2 weeks.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

I am so new to all this. Would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks

honeysock

Tell me to leave. Please.
Registered
Reaction score
Queried Vickie Potter on the 6th of Jan, she requested the first 50 pages today. Fingers crossed, this turns into a full.

(And, fingers crossed, you got her name right when you sent the partial? As someone else pointed out to a previous poster on this thread who queried "Nickie Motter," I'm just making note of that for posterity's sake.)

Nya RAyne

On the verge of greatness
Registered
Reaction score
In a house on a corner, next to this old lady and
(And, fingers crossed, you got her name right when you sent the partial? As someone else pointed out to a previous poster on this thread who queried "Nickie Motter," I'm just making note of that for posterity's sake.)

Yeah, I did...lol. That was just quick typing on this forum. But definitely got it right the first and second time.

foliogal

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Krista G, for another awesome interview and getting clarity for AW on the agency's editorial and marketing services.

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
You're welcome, foliogal! Thanks for taking the time to read the interview. In other news...

Queried Ms. Motter 1/13
Partial request (20 pages) received 1/13
Partial sent 1/14
Additional pages (next 100 plus synopsis and bio) requested 1/20!

YA science fiction

She even made that last request on my birthday. How nice is that? :)

Last edited: