• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Andrea Hurst & Associates Literary Management

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
Query tracker removed Drew and Rob today as well.

I wonder if they're forming their own agency? The boss got wind and pre-emptively fired them?

KAP

Hangin' with the gargies
Registered
Reaction score
Website
keithpyeatt.com
I got word today that Andrea's assistant is reviewing the manuscript I sent Rob and will get back to me. Can't ask for more than that.

kap

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
I also got a message today (from Rob's email address but sent by Andrea) letting me know they are reviewing the material (partial) I sent. Looks like they're addressing the departures in a responsible and prompt manner, which is a big contrast from some of the "black hole" stories I've heard about agents departing other agencies over the years.

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
Oh, how sad about Rob. He seemed like such a nice man in my dealings with him.

Everyone, good luck with your submissions.

Drachen Jager

Professor of applied misanthropy
Registered
Reaction score
I got a form from R Drew Perez today from his Hurst account with the Hurst sig.

I wonder why he left at the same time Rob died and why he (or someone assuming his identity for e-mail purposes) is still listing himself as:

"Drew Perez
Literary Agent
Andrea Hurst Literary Management"

in his sig...

Very strange.

Tales of the Pack

Sex. Feminism. Lesbian Werewolves.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.talesofthepack.com
I queried Gordon Warnock at the end of June and got a partial request today. Still don't see any sales from him on the site, and they seem a little light on sales overall, but he seems quite nice and I'm interested in hearing how it goes.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
I noticed that P&E has this agency listed with an 'editing advisory.' Is that new, and is it because they also have paid editing services?

The Darc

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had a successful fiction sale?

Has anyone out there had successful fiction sales with Andrea Hurst's agency?

My novel is YA fantasy, so I was a little surprised when they requested a partial, since it's not a genre they typically represent. Does anyone have experience with their fiction representation, particularly YA? Thank you!

Evvie

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dormroomdreamer.blogspot.com
I just queried Nickie Motter with my upper Mg/lower YA fantasy. (It really teeters on the verge so I figured I'd give her a shot) She doesn't rep MG fyi--but mine is so in between I thought I'd try b/c she likes dark elements and twisted villains.

Query was sent Dec 26th so here's hoping.

EDIT*******QUERIED VICKIE NOT NICKIE...typo...but just so no one mistakes it in the future

Last edited:

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
I just queried Nickie Motter with my upper Mg/lower YA fantasy. (It really teeters on the verge so I figured I'd give her a shot) She doesn't rep MG fyi--but mine is so in between I thought I'd try b/c she likes dark elements and twisted villains.

I hope you spelled her name correctly. It's Vickie (not Nickie). ;) (I'm not trying to be snarky, just wanted to correct it here in case others query her from your post). Good luck with your querying!

Last edited:

poofysheep

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poofysheep.com

EDIT*******QUERIED VICKIE NOT NICKIE...typo...but just so no one mistakes it in the future

I just got a rejection from her on my partial. It was oddly blunt and rude-sounding, and pretty impersonal for a partial. Oh well, what can ya do? I hope you have a better experience!

KingM

Registered
Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
I just got a rejection from her on my partial. It was oddly blunt and rude-sounding, and pretty impersonal for a partial. Oh well, what can ya do? I hope you have a better experience!

I don't know the specifics of this particular rejection, but a lot of times what looks blunt and rude sounding is an agent trying to be helpful instead of just giving a form reject.

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com

The days of personalized rejections are gone. Today, most agents use form rejections on partials and even full requests. Vickie is a new agent so she's likely using the current method of form rejections.