Quote Originally Posted by Putputt View Post
Look, dude, unless you're writing something like: "Susan pauses on the way out, as she always does, in front of the mirror, taking time to take in her very female looks. Namely her boobs. The swell of them, the roundness, the pertness. She weighs them in her hands, then stops to consider her uterus. Very uterus-y. She's about to sashay out the door (her vagina makes it impossible to walk without sashaying) when aforementioned uterus starts to cramp. Oh no. PMS has struck! Mascara-tinged tears flow down her cheeks. How will she EVER get through the day??" you are probably fine. But I guess we should all be grateful that you can rely on the opinion of one individual to tell you how the other half of the world's population think and feel.

[...]
Sorry if my opinion offended you. I would never write anything as sexist as that.

What I ask my wife is to look at is the subtext: facial expression with specific verbiage used. Is my female character likely to be thinking what I believe? Where does she think a conversation is going?
Flip the sexes, and those same things are what I find fault with in female authors.