Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Welcome, bdwilson! Happy reading!

I too am amazed by all the books I've never heard of in other people's lists.

Oneblindmouse, it's wonderful you have a family connection with some of your authors. Hope you enjoy them. I definitely plan on reviewing The Light Between Oceans, when I finish...which won't be for awhile. About Toni Morrison: I read her Song of Solomon in high school (but not as an assigned book) and loved it. Received 4 books (I think) from my MIL's estate, tried The Bluest Eye and couldn't get into it (although I certainly understood the concept in the blurb), tried Sula and hated the protagonist so didn't finish. So I'm a little concerned about my next pick by her. Hence giving myself a choice. Haven't read anything more than snippets by Erdrich.

Cobalt Jade, you mentioned rereading The Wrinkle in Time with pleasure last year. I read it years (maybe decades ago), but as an adult. I've been slogging through the Dante (and it's slow going), and decided to liven it up by rereading The Wrinkle in Time concurrently with it. Does help. So thanks!

Chris, I read The Iceman Cometh some forty years ago. I remember I enjoyed it, but that's about it. I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal