AW Amazon Affiliate Store

MiblArt offers book cover design services for self-published authors and publishing companies.

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: The 2018 AW Reading Challenge. Now with added breadth and depth.

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW Cobalt Jade's Avatar
    My list for the upcoming year. Doing the Breadth Reads again, mostly new categories though I am revisiting two of the ones I did last year.

1. Get on with it already: A book that’s been on your TBR (to be read) list for over a year. Hermetech, by Storm Constantine

2. Freebies: A book you (legally) obtained without paying for. The One Gold Slave, by Christian Kennedy (A giveaway from the author)

3. Setting sail: A book taking place mostly or all on water. City of Fortune, by Roger Crowley (a history of Venice)

4. I remember that!: A book about a historical event that took place in your lifetime. Where Wizards Stay Up Late, by Katie Hafner and Matthew Lyon (about the creation of the Internet)

5. My hometown: A book by a local author. Reamde, by Neal Stephenson

8. Bits and pieces: An anthology (poetry, short stories, whatever). Undead Worlds, A Reanimated Writers Anthology (Zombie stories)

24. War is hell: A book about war, on the lines or the homefront, fiction or nonfiction. A Delicate Truth, by John Le Carr

34. Who was that, again?: A book about a person you know little about. The Other Boleyn Girl, Philippa Gregory

29. Keep up with the Joneses: A book by someone everyone else seems to have read but you have not. Twilight, by Stephanie Myers; Wicked, by Gregory Maguire (one of these, haven't decided yet)

38. Coming to a theater near you: A book made into a major motion picture. Albert Nobbs, by George Moore

48. The butler might have done it: A mystery. Antiques Swap, by Barbara Allen

49. Pixies and Dryads and Elves, oh my!: A high fantasy. The Worm Ouroboros, by E. R. Eddison. That's as High Fantasy as it gets.
    Last edited by Cobalt Jade; 01-02-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    Cobalt Jade ~ Horror ~ Erotica ~ SFF

Twitter | Tumblr | Facebook | Pinterest | LibraryThing | Website