Hello! everyone

V3nom

Registered
Reaction score
Hello Guys,

After being embarrassed at my own writing, i am here looking for guidance. My current interest is academic essays but who knows what future will bring.

Regards

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
:welcome:

Being embarrassed at your own writing is the first step toward not being embarrassed at your own writing. Or not. I pretty much make it up as I go along. ;) Either way, welcome to the Water Cooler. Hope you find what you're looking for.

V3nom

Registered
Reaction score

Being embarrassed at your own writing is the first step toward not being embarrassed at your own writing. Or not. I pretty much make it up as I go along. ;) Either way, welcome to the Water Cooler. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Thank you. To be frank I was really distressed at my writing, moreover I am preparing for examinations that require highly proficient essay writing skills and I believe that I am not getting enough practice so I decided to find a critique community and ended up here.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you. To be frank I was really distressed at my writing, moreover I am preparing for examinations that require highly proficient essay writing skills and I believe that I am not getting enough practice so I decided to find a critique community and ended up here.

Okay, here's an immediate critique: The second sentence above needs a period or semicolon after "writing" to fix the comma splice. Then, don't forget a comma after "moreover" if you choose a semicolon or "Moreover" if you choose a period. :Lecture:

Now for a long-term critique to ease distress: Before the college you attend expects "highly proficient essay writing skills," it will offer classes to teach skills and practice them. Subsequent writing classes are designed to build on writing abilities until they're more and more proficient. Enjoy! :greenie

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score

I can recommend some really helpful and not boring books for just that kind of writing, if you'd like.

V3nom

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, here's an immediate critique: The second sentence above needs a period or semicolon after "writing" to fix the comma splice. Then, don't forget a comma after "moreover" if you choose a semicolon or "Moreover" if you choose a period. :Lecture:

Now for a long-term critique to ease distress: Before the college you attend expects "highly proficient essay writing skills," it will offer classes to teach skills and practice them. Subsequent writing classes are designed to build on writing abilities until they're more and more proficient. Enjoy! :greenie

Thank you for your guidance. I will keep it in mind. I am preparing for competitive exams, therefore, for no writing classes. They are due in Feb so a little strapped for time but it can be done.

- - - Updated - - -

I can recommend some really helpful and not boring books for just that kind of writing, if you'd like.

That would be very helpful.

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good luck with your self-study and testing course of education. It used to be the way it was done.