Trump Slurs Senator Gillibrand

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Lightweight Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, a total flunky for Chuck Schumer and someone who would come to my office “begging” for campaign contributions not so long ago (and would do anything for them), is now in the ring fighting against Trump. Very disloyal to Bill & Crooked-USED!

There is no low bar. It doesn't exist. I knew it after he got elected even after the "pussy-grabbing" comment, but still, it pains me to have it shoved in my face week after week after week.

Elizabeth Warren fired back, but I have yet to hear or see any of Gillibrand's male GOP counterparts say anything. I hope if people here see something, they'll add it to this thread. Iowa GOP Senator Joni Ernst (who is a brave military veteran) indicated she'd "rather not" when a journalist offered to show her Trump's tweet. *insert ostrich emoji*

For now, here's Warren's reply
Are you really trying to bully, intimidate and slut-shame @SenGillibrand? Do you know who you're picking a fight with? Good luck with that, @realDonaldTrump. Nevertheless, #shepersisted.

Davy The First

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, his attack on Mika was much more visceral than on Joe (Good Morning America hosts) for example. He definitely has the extra misogynistic component to his general hatred of critics.

In any pool of hate filled people there are sub-circles within circles. Even in a Trump base, there are levels of darkness. As long as he keeps this up, he'll peel away the outer layers. Gradually, I admit, but a reduced base is better than non-reduction.

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
Did anybody expect anything else?
caw

So...what? We just stop talking about his most egregious behavior?

And YES! I expect something else. I will never stop expecting something else, even if he's incapable of delivering. I EXPECT to have my country led by a person with dignity. That we don't is infinitely painful, embarrassing, and, in the case of Donald Trump, an existential threat to our republic.

Editing to add link to USA Today editorial opinion
With his latest tweet, clearly implying that a United States senator would trade sexual favors for campaign cash, President Trump has shown he is not fit for office. Rock bottom is no impediment for a president who can always find room for a new low.

Last edited:

Roxxsmom

Beastly Fido
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
doggedlywriting.blogspot.com
Elizabeth Warren fired back, but I have yet to hear or see any of Gillibrand's male GOP counterparts say anything. I hope if people here see something, they'll add it to this thread. Iowa GOP Senator Joni Ernst (who is a brave military veteran) indicated she'd "rather not" when a journalist offered to show her Trump's tweet. *insert ostrich emoji*

According to this article, several Democrats have now rallied behind her and called for Trump's resignation (for all the good that will do), including Cory Booker, Ron Wyden, and Mazie Hirono.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/wh...nd-twitter-after-she-calls-him-resign-n828701

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for anyone from the GOP, male or female, to chime in, though. They've surrendered to Trump and are (presumably) terrified of alienating their base, which includes some of the worst human beings in the country, people who are (increasingly) open about being misogynistic, racist, homophobic, religious bigots etc. and are cheering Trump's every tweet.

When you make a deal with the Devil you don't get to walk it back.

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
When you make a deal with the Devil you don't get to walk it back.

:heart:

I realize there is little hope or expectation for GOP men to defend her, but I can't help but think of the recent past, of the outrage whenever anyone of either party attacked a sitting male senator of either party.

Last edited:

Jan74

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Isn't dismissing it with 'what did you expect?' exactly how destructive behaviour gets normalised?

^^^yep.

It's really disturbing how a man of his age and position talks.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
So...what? We just stop talking about his most egregious behavior?

Of course not. Never did I imply anything like that. We should increase the discussion of this crap as much as possible.

And YES! I expect something else. I will never stop expecting something else, even if he's incapable of delivering. I EXPECT to have my country led by a person with dignity. That we don't is infinitely painful, embarrassing, and, in the case of Donald Trump, an existential threat to our republic.

You are confusing expectation with aspiration. I would love to have a President I could expect to act in a civilized human manner, but we don't have that right now, and what Trump did was what we all expect him to do. And that behavior continues to drive down his approval numbers, and the backlash over this latest insult has been swift and strong.

caw

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Elaborating on Elaine's post because repeating it seemed like the right thing to do:

USA Today: A president who'd all but call a senator a whore is unfit to clean toilets in Obama's presidential library or to shine George W. Bush's shoes: Our view
A president who would all but call Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand a whore is not fit to clean the toilets in the Barack Obama Presidential Library or to shine the shoes of George W. Bush.

This isn’t about the policy differences we have with all presidents or our disappointment in some of their decisions. Obama and Bush both failed in many ways. They broke promises and told untruths, but the basic decency of each man was never in doubt.

Donald Trump, the man, on the other hand, is uniquely awful. His sickening behavior is corrosive to the enterprise of a shared governance based on common values and the consent of the governed.

It should surprise no one how low he went with Gillibrand. When accused during the campaign of sexually harassing or molesting women in the past, Trump’s response was to belittle the looks of his accusers. Last October, Trump suggested that he never would have groped Jessica Leeds on an airplane decades ago: “Believe me, she would not be my first choice, that I can tell you.” Trump mocked another accuser, former People reporter Natasha Stoynoff, “Check out her Facebook, you’ll understand.” Other celebrities and politicians have denied accusations, but none has stooped as low as suggesting that their accusers weren’t attractive enough to be honored with their gropes.

Last edited: