Hello from a sleepy East Coaster

Quibbles

Registered
Reaction score
Hey all, glad to be here!

I'm a New Yorker whose sleep schedule is so messed up that I may as well live across seas. Working on transferring majors from an engineering degree to an English degree and hoping I won't regret it.

This past spring I completed my first novel, a thriller. So I'm in the query trenches right now trying to figure out how to make my work stand out.

I've been in the IRC for a few days as "dawg" (I love IRC). The people I've met so far are fantastic and I hope to meet even more amazing people!

Chase

It Takes All of Us to End Racism
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome: from the west coast and best of luck switching majors. I switched to English and stayed with it through grad school. Pay wasn't as good, but I sure had fun. :greenie

Quibbles

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome Quibbles!

Thank you!

:welcome: from the west coast and best of luck switching majors. I switched to English and stayed with it through grad school. Pay wasn't as good, but I sure had fun. :greenie

Yep, I really had to take a step back and think about whether the stress of engineering was worth the pay when I could be doing something I really love but for much less money. Came to the conclusion that it wasn't. So hopefully I get accepted for an internal transfer soon. ^_^

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:welcome:

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given each week.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
Here’s how to Promote With Aplomb.

Try stopping by Writing Exercises, Prompts & Whimsical Pursuits and give the Flash Fiction Challenge a try.

Kyanite

Registered
Reaction score
Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie.

Good luck on the degree change! Going from the sciences to the arts is a big change. It's one that I wished that I'd made. Enjoy!

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Welcome to the board! Hope you find what you're looking for here.

-Derek

Quibbles

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all for such a kind welcome!

Hello and welcome from a fellow newbie.

Good luck on the degree change! Going from the sciences to the arts is a big change. It's one that I wished that I'd made. Enjoy!

It is a big change, one that will most likely leave me in piles of debt! But I think that it is worth it.