AW Amazon Affiliate Store

MiblArt offers book cover design services for self-published authors and publishing companies.

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Questions about concussions

Threaded View

practical experience, FTW MaeZe's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heza View Post
    ... I never gave much thought to people getting knocked out in books or movies/tv shows until I had a concussion. Now, all I can think is, "OMG. That person needs a CT scan ASAP!" and I'm very skeptical that someone could be "out" for an hour or two and then just bounce back to normal. And I never really noticed before how often it happens. It ruined action movies for me.....
    Drives me crazy but no one around me seems to mind.

I hate movies where:

Women faint and are unconscious for some convenient amount of time. Bull shit, that does not happen. Even if you did faint seeing the scary giant gorilla (which is also doubtful), the minute you were supine you would wake up.

Men are punched and they become unconscious for some convenient amount of time. Nope, that doesn't happen either. I don't know if there is some ninja move where you can knock a person out but regardless the way being knocked out is portrayed in the movies is baloney.

Last edited by MaeZe; 12-08-2017 at 03:30 AM.