Quote Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post
ETA: Cross posted with KitKit - my personal family crash dummy was also t-boned and hit the roof of the car. Like Kitkit, they were babbling a storm and pretty out of it when pulled out of the car. Memories are pretty sketchy for that entire time period. Unfortunately, they ended up with post concussion syndrome, which is why I can't really answer your recovery time. But I fell on the ice last year and smacked my head on the pavement - ended up with a 'light' concussion and it was still about 3 days until I was back to normal.
Ahem. Kitkit does not babble.

I did have post concussion syndrome too. I could function the day after, but I was in a lot of pain. After that I had chronic headaches and was on Nortriptyline for about two years. I also had muscle spasm and cramping issues in my neck, shoulders, and upper back as my top two vertebrae were pushed forward out of alignment with my spine. About a year-and-a-half of physically therapy to get over most of that.

The guy who hit me also ended up at the same hospital and ended up in the same room as me. We were curtained off from each other but I could hear him complaining to a friend that his head hurt because he hit the roof when the car rolled. Guy was lucky I couldn't figure out where the floor was to go over there and give him a piece of my mind.