AW Amazon Affiliate Store

Editing for authors: because every writer needs a good editor.

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Al Franken Is Toast

Threaded View

This Is Your Country On (Bad) Drugs nighttimer's Avatar
    I sent a text message to a friend and his reply was (apologies for the offensive language) "Democrats are pussies. That's why they lose."

A bit startled, I replied, "They lose because they call out their sexual harassers while Republicans endorse theirs?"

I don't know a liberal/progressive/Democrat who wants Al Franken to resign from the Senate while Roy Moore is a week away from joining it. A good man shouldn't have to fall on his sword while a bad man rises to the U.S. Senate after being banned from a mall because he was trolling underage girls.

But maybe Al Franken isn't a good guy. Same as the way we found out Bill Cosby wasn't a good guy. Moore, like Harvey Weinstein, has always been and always will be pond scum, so their ugly side coming out in the light of day is no big surprise.

It hurts a little more when its a fall from grace instead of resorting to type.
    Last edited by nighttimer; 12-07-2017 at 04:47 AM.
    Writing is not and should not be competitive. Do not compare yourself to anybody. Own your voice. Tell a story you'd want to read. Lie until you believe it. Jump outside your own skin and inside someone else's heart. Write without stopping. Edit later. Good luck.
    ~ Terry McMillan