Winter outside a house with children in a horse-drawn sleigh

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DecNoWriMo 2017 - Dark of December

Yay one thing done.

[x] Edit secret project
    [ ] Add words to Covenant
    [ ] Add words to When She Sleeps
    [ ] Survive Christmas
    Blog: http://erinkendall.wordpress.com

WIPs
    Nonfiction project, now with betas :gnaws on fingernails:
    Covenant, dark fantasy, writing now
    When She Sleeps, dark fantasy, writing now
    Oubliette, supernatural thing, I'm obsessed lalala

In Flames (now with a prettier cover) - flash collection, available now! https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/349458
    Ever Touched - available now! http://turtleduckpress.com/wordpress.../ever-touched/

Freelance editor, novelist, photographer

It's always a little odd going from the business of this forum in November to the relatively dead December (and other months).

I had a couple of days where I did some words on the NaNo novel at work during my breaks, but I've had to definitely put it aside. Breaks are now being used for transcribing. As much as I want to finish it, I just don't have the time at the moment. I'd write during the car trip when it's my sister's turn to drive... except, even if my battery could handle that (it couldn't), I get carsick if reading or whatever >> Maybe I'll take some travel sick tablets and try anyway :p

Packing is at the OH GOD panic state. Doesn't help that I'm unwell again Going to try and do those stories tomorrow as breaks from the physical stuff. Otherwise I did read a book! Pocket Apocalypse, book 4 in Seanan McGuire's Incryptid series. Fun series, and I've got the next one. I need to read more to finish my library books before I leave the state though :p

1. Read four books. 1/4
    2. Submit two stories.
    3. Transcribe all the things.
    4. Move.
    5. Bonus?
    Lightning Dance (Diabolical Plots October 2017)

www.tamlyndreaver.com

Write. Write. Writey Write Write. mrsmig's Avatar
    Oof, Tamlyn - hang in there. Moving while sick is something I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I made a bit of progress this first week of December - the best part is that the virtual book tour for FISKUR is over and so is the daily round of retweeting and reposting the stuff I wrote for that day's stop on the tour. I'm grateful to be published but I wish I didn't feel so hitched to the publicity wagon. It makes me irritable, and it's time I'd rather spend actually writing. I only got about 1k words done this week, and I'm already resenting having to write that holiday blog for my publisher.*

I did get a good long walk in this week, and did pretty well on my exercise goals - only missed one day because I was out of the house most of the day doing errands. Down two pounds, due to the extra activity and being extra-careful not to overeat; I'm hoping to keep that up. Made some graphics but one of them is butt-ugly and I may not use it after all. The house is decorated and I am very close to finishing my Christmas shopping. I wrote our yearly holiday letter and have the cards for them to go into and holiday stamps to go on them, but I have to actually sit down and write and address the cards yet. I started reading a big fat Christmas mystery anthology but am not making a lot of progress on it.

[ ] 1. Reach 20k words on Book 5 - currently at 8,504
    [ ] 2. Read five books - 0 of 5
    [ ] 3. Go for two nature walks - 1 of 2
    [x] 4. Finish final week of promo for Book 2's virtual book tour
    [ ] 5. Create 10 graphics for Book 3's January pre-release push - 3 of 10
    [x] 6. Decorate the house for the holidays
    [ ] 7. Finish Christmas shopping/shipping
    [ ] 8. Write/mail Christmas cards
    [x] 9. Write a holiday blog for my publisher
    [ ] 10. Exercise (any kind) 30 minutes each day - 6 days of 31
    [ ] 11. Lose five pounds before the end of the month - 2 of 5
    [ ] 12. Start work on Sekrit Solstice story

*Update - went ahead and wrote the blog. Inspiration hit and I ran with it.

Last edited by mrsmig; 12-09-2017 at 11:23 PM.
    KINGLET: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    FISKUR: Now available from Fiery Seas Publishing: Amazon Barnes & Noble iBooks Kobo
    STONEKING: Releasing February 20, 2018 from Fiery Seas Publishing

My Website:
    www.donnamigliaccio.com

And the occasional Tweet.

You'd better watch out Jaymz Connelly's Avatar
    Way to go at knocking one thing off your list, Saoirse.

Tamlyn, packing to move is never fun, and having to do it while unwell makes it about ten times worse. I'm getting Discount Armaggedon for Christmas... looking forward to reading it because the little I read about the series sounds like it's right up my alley.

MrsMig - you're totally killing it! You've had a very productive week!

Because my brain obviously thinks I don’t have enough to do, I’ve added a goal. *g* I've had a sort of light week. Went for a drive (getting a driving license again after 27 years of not driving *G*), finished off my baking and delivered cookie trays to friends, got some edits done on my story, and made good progress on catching up on prompts for the Countdown to 2018. Progress on the blanket is slow, but at least it's going forward. I can only work on it early in the morning... unless the air-con is on. The pavlova attempt happens on the 22nd (early enough that I can go get one from the store if mine is a bust).

[ ] finish beta read
    [ ] finish edits on long-ass story (longest story I've written in years) (only 3 chapters left to go!)
    [ ] make a pavlova for the very first time
    [ ] finish crocheted blanket for #1 son (progress is definitely on track with this)
    [ ] 30 minutes of walking/activity every day (see below)
    [ ] participate in countdown to 2018 Flash Fiction Challenge (8 of 31) - hoping to get the final outstanding story done today... just in time for the next prompt. (yes! I did get caught up today!)

30 minutes walking/activity

Dec 4-10 (6 of 7) missed out on one day because I was wrapping up my Christmas baking instead
    Dec 11 – 17
    Dec 18 – 24
    Dec 25 - 31
    Last edited by Jaymz Connelly; Yesterday at 04:42 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12