Is it okay to ask for votes for a non-writing contest?

D.L. Shepherd

Revising, revising, revising...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
Hi fellow absolute writers. :hi:

I was just wondering if it was acceptable to ask beg for votes for a contest that has nothing to do with writing on this forum?

D.L. Shepherd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
I'm guessing that's a "no" by the silence. I just wasn't sure if this was the right section for that, or if any section was okay for it.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A dog-sledding adventure in the arctic! How amazing would that be! I'll vote for you if you promise to come back and tell us all about it (with photos of course!)

Great entry btw :)

D.L. Shepherd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnaowczarek.com
Awww....thanks so much! I'm guessing then it's okay? If not, please someone tell me!

Soo....as mccardey mentioned, I'm trying to win a dog-sledding adventure in the arctic. I'm turning forty-five soon and my life is spent pretty much sitting at a desk...but when I heard about this competition, I thought to myself: "Myself...it's time to get up off your rear and do something adventurous for a change."

Which means, if anyone would like to see a 45-year-old, non-adventurous bookkeeper freezing her rear off in the arctic, now is your chance. I would love love *LOVE* to have your vote. You can vote for me here:

http://polar.fjallraven.com/contestant/?id=2699&backpage=1&order=popular&region=9

Thanks again mccardey!! I promise to share pics and tell you all about it too, if I win.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
FBl login? Is there another way to vote?

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Drat. Thanks for checking.