Coco

playground

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone see it? I thought the first half was a bit slow but the second half was great. Pulled at my heartstrings like Pixar normally does. Also, the colors were BEAUTIFUL.

Could have done without the Frozen short in the beginning. I was never a fan of Frozen itself and it dragged (it was 20ish minutes long).

Transformersfan123

Registered
Reaction score
I LOVED Coco! I honestly didn't want to see it, but my best friend wanted to go and there was nothing else to see. My husband went with us, and by the end, all three of us were in tears! It was such a beautiful movie, and the characters were amazing. You could see Miguel grow through the whole thing, and the twist at the end was amazing!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I liked the parts in the land of the dead, but absolutely hated everything in the real world. I don't care if she was grandma - she pulls half the stuff with my kid she did to Miguel her abusive butt would be in a therapist's office, if not a nursing home. The town should have demanded the family deal with her once she started screaming at people on the street.

Same with Imelda in the land of the dead. "I'll only bless you, if you do exactly what I tell you, even though I'm dead and you hate it." and "I don't care that my husband was murdered while trying to get home, he still left me - wahhhhhhhhhhh!"

Nope. There's nothing heartwarming about emotional abuse and manipulation.

Loved the animation, though. Loved the characters in the land of the dead, especially Dante and Pepita.

I think The Book of Life is at least as good, if not better.

Transformersfan123

Registered
Reaction score
I liked the parts in the land of the dead, but absolutely hated everything in the real world. I don't care if she was grandma - she pulls half the stuff with my kid she did to Miguel her abusive butt would be in a therapist's office, if not a nursing home. The town should have demanded the family deal with her once she started screaming at people on the street.

Same with Imelda in the land of the dead. "I'll only bless you, if you do exactly what I tell you, even though I'm dead and you hate it." and "I don't care that my husband was murdered while trying to get home, he still left me - wahhhhhhhhhhh!"

I would have to disagree. They were just trying to keep the family together, even if they went too far. And let me be clear, I do think they went too far. But you've got to keep in mind that they, like a real human, aren't perfect. They made mistakes. And with Imelda, she learned her lesson. She learned just as much from Miguel as he learned from Hector. That's another great thing about Pixar movies: the character development. They all grow and learn throughout the journey.