• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Reader - Not longer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooeedownunder

Grateful for the day
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.australianflavour.net
no longer needed
I have a recent post put on SYW of the opening. It is only recently written, and is probably not as polished as the rest of the work, which has been written over the past three years.

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/sho...me-Opening-1000-words&p=10304300#post10304300

I'm hoping I am very close to a final draft. What I'm really needing is someone to help me pick up stray commas and awkward phrases and their opinion of if the story holds interest -- if there is enough tension throughout, especially the middle. I also have a large cast of characters and have spent much time trying to make my opening chapters less confusing, though unsure if I've achieved that. I'm not offended by crits.

I'm happy to swap a few chapters at a time if anyone is interested, though I don't read fantasy or horror and don't want to touch any form of non-fiction.

A blurb would go something like this:

Burnt by the Flame

The year is 1681 Germany, and fifteen-year-old Princess Sophia Dorothea, beautiful and vivacious, is the daughter and heiress of a powerful duke. European princes and nobles seek her hand in marriage when she becomes trapped in a tangle of political manoeuvres by the Hanoverians. They want to secure her father’s lands as their own and put forward her hated cousin, the Crown Prince of Hanover, as a suitor.

In Hanover’s glittering, debauch, and treacherous court, not everyone wishes to see Sophia Dorothea rise higher, and Sophia Dorothea has no intention of the Hanoverians using her as a political pawn, but will she find the courage and the wit to escape the ambitions and greed of many around her?

Politics, intrigue and passion entwine in this epic tale inspired by a period in the life of Sophia Dorothea of Celle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.