1000 Youtube Booktubers (Google Sheet)

Bickernicks

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adeadguy.com
What do you guys think of this? I put together this list of 1000 Youtube Booktubers with their subscriber totals, emails, Twitter accounts and followers, etc. I got a couple of these people to review my book. Most of the people at the top of the list are already being courted by some major publishers, so you'll have to work your way down the list.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ysj1AJbBc3eta0L505RjdXXbgqPq2liyITg43-rg4L4/edit?usp=sharing

UmyZzdh.png

Last edited:

Arpeggio

Registered
Reaction score
That is awesome. I press Ctrl + f then enter and search for very specific word to my category to find 5, then less a specific word yet same category 49 of them.

Catherine

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing this. So much good information.

Brian P. White

Father, Husband, Soldier, Christian
Registered
Reaction score
Outstanding. Thanks so much for making our jobs easier!

Cobalt Jade

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It seems some of these have a lot of subscribers, but frankly, when I want reviews of a book, I peruse Goodreads or some other site. I can read and digest waaaaaayyy more quickly than I can watch something. Like 500% more quickly.

Enlightened

Always Learning
Registered
Reaction score
What a phenomenal document. Thank you.

Last edited:

Hunt & Peck

Registered
Reaction score
Pardon my ignorance, but what is a booktuber, and why would one be courted by a major publisher?

Maskoz

Registered
Reaction score
A booktuber (in my understanding) is a Youbute video blogger who is active in the book community. Basically, it's like goodreads but with videos. A lot of these people direct their followers to books via reviews or talking about new releases. The big publishers court them because of their platform. Due to their (often) large followings, they can be useful advertising tools. The ones I've observed who have made the transition from general reviewer to in-house reviewer with a particular publisher appear to concern themselves only with the works from that publisher, but there are many different models for how a youtuber can foster relationships with publishing houses.

Maskoz

Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and thanks to Bickernicks for that incredible document. I can't imagine how much time that must have taken to compile. What a great resource.

Bickernicks

Registered
Reaction score
Website
adeadguy.com
Did you hide the email column?

Yea...I didn't want to make it THAT easy for a spammer to collect a list. It's simple to just click "show email" on their profile. As mentioned above, you want to pick and choose before you approach someone.

I can't imagine how much time that must have taken to compile.

Scrape scrape scrape! Create the bot/sequence and off it goes! ;-) Cleaning up the data is the slightly tricky part.