How to format a list of publications?

MaryLennox

Registered
Reaction score
I would like to learn how to properly format a list of publications, but can't figure out what to google! Nothing helpful has turned up. This list would be for applying for writing jobs. I would want to include my published books as well a short stories. Is there a proper way to list everything, like writing a resume?

Anna Iguana

reading all the things
Registered
Reaction score
You might google "bibliography format." Purdue OWL is also a helpful resource. I don't think there's a universal standard for how to list publications. Over the years, I've landed positions where my writing mattered while listing publications in a few different ways. Good wishes!

WriterBN

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.k-doyle.com
There are various style guides for citing published works, but for general fiction, it might be best to use something like APA or CMoS (Chicago Manual of Style).

WeaselFire

Benefactor Member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I've always listed them in APA style, but I started that when working on my masters and everything was written to APA style. CMS would work fine.

Jeff

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
If no style guide is provided I generally use APA, Google Scholar will format it for you if you click the " symbol