Krampus collecting children

AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: How to format a list of publications?

practical experience, FTW MaryLennox's Avatar

How to format a list of publications?

I would like to learn how to properly format a list of publications, but can't figure out what to google! Nothing helpful has turned up. This list would be for applying for writing jobs. I would want to include my published books as well a short stories. Is there a proper way to list everything, like writing a resume?

reading all the things Anna Iguana's Avatar
    You might google "bibliography format." Purdue OWL is also a helpful resource. I don't think there's a universal standard for how to list publications. Over the years, I've landed positions where my writing mattered while listing publications in a few different ways. Good wishes!

practical experience, FTW WriterBN's Avatar
    There are various style guides for citing published works, but for general fiction, it might be best to use something like APA or CMoS (Chicago Manual of Style).

I've always listed them in APA style, but I started that when working on my masters and everything was written to APA style. CMS would work fine.

Jeff

volitare nequeo AW Moderator veinglory's Avatar
    If no style guide is provided I generally use APA, Google Scholar will format it for you if you click the " symbol
    Emily Veinglory