AW Amazon Store

If this site is helpful to you,
Please consider a voluntary subscription to defray ongoing expenses.

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

Thread: Changing the ebook sample

Changing the ebook sample

The ebook sample for my first book doesn't include the prologue. At the time I didn't feel I had much of a say in that decision, but at this point I'd like to ask the publisher if they'd restore the prologue and redistribute the sample to ebook retailers.

The problem is the book came out in early 2016 and isn't on the publisher's radar anymore. Basically, I'm afraid it'd be rude of me to ask - from my inexperienced perspective, updating an ebook sample shouldn't be terribly complicated, but I know the people involved tend to be crazy busy, and I don't want to ask for something that's really unreasonable. (I don't mind if they say they can't do it - well, I sort of mind, but ykwim - but I don't want to waste time and/or look like I'm being a brat about it.)

Has anybody dealt with this? Any thoughts?
    November goal: An additional 60K on WIP #2 (+40,130 : 56,327/~120,000)

Hey, I got interviewed by AbsoluteWrite!

Here are some books I wrote.

I've dealt with it from the IT perspective, and it's really not that hard. It's less than two minutes to change the metadata and sample field—if you've got all the data in front of you.

So if you can convince your editor to pass the request with the correct information including what the sample should be to the person/department, it's not hard.

Quote Originally Posted by AW Admin View Post
    I've dealt with it from the IT perspective, and it's really not that hard. It's less than two minutes to change the metadata and sample field—if you've got all the data in front of you.

So if you can convince your editor to pass the request with the correct information including what the sample should be to the person/department, it's not hard.
    Thank you! Now I just have to convince them it's a good idea.
    November goal: An additional 60K on WIP #2 (+40,130 : 56,327/~120,000)

Hey, I got interviewed by AbsoluteWrite!

Here are some books I wrote.