Prospective agent rescheduling call

lis_kb

Registered
Reaction score
Hey fam,

I need your help to maintain perspective and remind me to not to let my anxiety get the best of me. :) A week and a half ago, I received an email from a *super cool* agent that she read my full and wanted to schedule a call. I responded with times and she set the date. Then the big day came and she had to reschedule, which I know is not out of the ordinary. She suggested new times and I responded but she has yet to respond back to schedule the new date. Our only available times mentioned are fast approaching. Should I nudge her and let her know I'm still available to talk in case she didn't get my reply? Should I be concerned that she's not answering her emails promptly or is that the norm because of the sheer magnitude of work agents have to do? Is it completely unheard of for an agent to "ghost" a potential client they originally wanted to speak with? (That's my fun anxiety talking.) Please help a gal out. Thank you!

Dennis E. Taylor

Get it off! It burns!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My best guess would be that she had to reschedule because of some personal emergency, and just isn't answering emails right now. Check twitter and the agency web page to see if there's any news.

I would nudge, though.

Barbara R.

Old Hand in the Biz
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbararogan.com
She's not ghosting you. Why would she? She's interested in repping you.

Stuff happens is all. Send that second email re. a new time to talk---you're not breaking any rules! She proposed the phone meeting; you're just following up.

Good luck---hope you have a great conversation and end up with repesentation.

lis_kb

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all! I will send a follow-up email today. My mind gets the better of me sometimes. It's nice to have some other writers to bring me back to earth. :)

Aggy B.

Not as sweet as you think
Registered
Reaction score
I would nudge and mention that if those times are not great for her "Here are some other days/times I am available," and set them a little further out. I'm signed with an agent who is pretty responsive but it can take some discussion to find a good day to talk on the phone. And, on occasion we've had to reschedule because he had something else come up (working on a contract for another client) or was sick. It happens.

Carrie in PA

Write All The Words!
Registered
Reaction score
I would nudge and mention that if those times are not great for her "Here are some other days/times I am available," and set them a little further out. I'm signed with an agent who is pretty responsive but it can take some discussion to find a good day to talk on the phone. And, on occasion we've had to reschedule because he had something else come up (working on a contract for another client) or was sick. It happens.

(Aggy ~ I hope this doesn't get awkward, but I'm just going to follow you around and repeat everything you say.)

Ditto this, especially pushing some date/time options further out.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
Life happens, even to agents. Maybe she's got flu or something, so don't panic if you don't get a reply to your nudge straight away.

lis_kb

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I emailed yesterday with updated times and she responded that evening. Thank you for your help and suggestions!