• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[App] Amazon Rapids

rwhegwood

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone have any information about writers guidelines, format, submissions process, etc. for the new Amazon Rapids platform. I tried looking around to find the information...but all I see is about subscriptions and reading, not creating for. Anyone have the skivy on writing for AR?

Addendum. Spent over 20 min on Amazon help chat, was passed to at least six or seven different people. End result. "We don't know...here's a link to sign up with KDP." Argh!

Last edited:

MikeL

Banned
Reaction score
I've just been brushed off in a chat with Amazon. My question was, "How does an author submit a manuscript to Amazon Rapids?" The Amazon rep first asked me to elaborate the question, and when I said I had no idea how to elaborate on such a simple question he put me on hold for several minutes to "research the issue". Then he wanted me to call "the team" associated with the issue. When I stated my preference to be told the procedure or be provided a direct link to a web page that described the procedure he told me he had submitted a form and "the team" would contact me via email.

Amazon Rapids is a subscription based service for kids, young kids. Based on the description of the "stories" they are fed it sounds more like a chat room for children. Just my opinion, but based on available information, it is another Amazon Half-Baked Idea (AHBI) in which customers get to pay to be beta users and tell Amazon how to fix it.

I could be wrong, and if "the team" provides any different or helpful information it will be posted here.

MikeL

Banned
Reaction score
Received a response from someone at Amazon. This is just as unhelpful as the chat.

Hello,

Greetings from Amazon Customer Support.

It would be easier to help you over the phone or via chat.

You can reach Kindle Customer Support by clicking the link below:

amazon.com/help/contactus

Thanks for using Kindle.

Best regards,

I've replied to that message by stating, again, my request and pointing out it has nothing to do with publishing on Kindle or through KDP. Also pointed out they were sending a message based on a form submitted by one of their customer support reps who could not answer the question in chat.

3a116884945f870924f1ffd3f36fc015--los-simpsons-homer-simpson.jpg

MikeL

Banned
Reaction score
Finally, a real answer!

Hello Mike,

Thank you for contacting KDP. I am happy to provide you with the requested information about Amazon Rapids.

Amazon Rapids is currently not seeking new writers.

The Amazon Rapids App is not compatible with Kindle Direct Publishing tools because these products are unrelated.

Visit the Amazon Rapids App Help Pages to learn more about this app:

www.amazon.com/help/amazonrapids -- this page in no way addresses submission or where the stories for the app are obtained

Why do they make it so hard?

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score